Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Monty, as our very own John Pienaar, I'll address this question to you ( Berni has

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    This place has been going for close to 20 years then. Lord have mercy
    I was thinking the other day, wasn't it a couple of years back that Chris+ warned it would have to close if more people don't use the board? If anything it's got even quiter since then, but it's still hobbling on

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I was thinking the other day, wasn't it a couple of years back that Chris+ warned it would have to close if more people don't use the board? If anything it's got even quiter since then, but it's still hobbling on
    It is surprising how long something online can continue after its owners have relinquished it. Not much usage means it isn't filling up disk space as it used to so wherever the site is hosted just doesn't notice it.

One day soon it will go down as it has in the past but never return. I have to confess, I will miss it

It is surprising how long something online can continue after its owners have relinquished it. Not much usage means it isn't filling up disk space as it used to so wherever the site is hosted just doesn't notice it.

One day soon it will go down as it has in the past but never return. I have to confess, I will miss it
    Bit like your mum imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Bit like your mum imo
    My poor old mum would spin like a catherine wheel in her grave if she could see the lewd abuse she receives in this place

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Bit like your mum imo
    :tapin:

but...you have to be there to knock them in
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Chris+ still has a soft spot for it. If it was costing him too much to keep up then we could get together and pay the costs. It would be like one of those heartwarming stories abotu villagers clubbing together to buy the local pub. But more virtual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Chris+ still has a soft spot for it. If it was costing him too much to keep up then we could get together and pay the costs. It would be like one of those heartwarming stories abotu villagers clubbing together to buy the local pub. But more virtual.
    I still believe it was the new format wot killed it - numbers dropped dramatically and only the core persevered - I recall we nearly lost Berni. Chris must be about a 120 by now!

I still believe it was the new format wot killed it - numbers dropped dramatically and only the core persevered - I recall we nearly lost Berni. Chris must be about a 120 by now!
    The old format was doing a pretty decent job of killing it. It kept breaking all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The old format was doing a pretty decent job of killing it. It kept breaking all the time.
    It wasn't the format that broke it, it was the ****eness of the implementation. I thought you worked in IT a? This is the second time you've disappointed me in a week the first being your failure to recognise Breaking Bad as possibly the greatest television ever created.

It wasn't the format that broke it, it was the ****eness of the implementation. I thought you worked in IT a? This is the second time you've disappointed me in a week the first being your failure to recognise Breaking Bad as possibly the greatest television ever created.
    I was quite gripped by BB at first, tbh, but after a while it kept recycling the same old tropes and became a chore. It was like butter that was spread over too much bread.

The old site used to run fine in the earlier days. I assumed it was customised around platforms that themselves had moved on and the old tricks no longer worked, as we often fine with older software. A bit like Dear Old Arsene Himself, really.