Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Yesterday was the most poignant day of the year: the end of the summer's test cricket

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

To sum up, then: Fúck winter. Fúck it in its inexorable, icy arse.
    What kind of defeatist, furrin talk is this? Do you not love the changing of our seasons? The freshening of the air? The yellow, red and gold leaves on the trees in our parks and woodland? Jumpers for goalposts? The cosiness of the longer evenings? Ladies wearing knee-length boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What kind of defeatist, furrin talk is this? Do you not love the changing of our seasons? The freshening of the air? The yellow, red and gold leaves on the trees in our parks and woodland? Jumpers for goalposts? The cosiness of the longer evenings? Ladies wearing knee-length boots?
    For myself, I look forward to wild camping at Angle Tarn in January. Nice and cosy under a tarp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    For myself, I look forward to wild camping at Angle Tarn in January. Nice and cosy under a tarp.
    Ho ho! You jest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ho ho! You jest.
    I most certainly do not. Last January I walked up to Angle Tarn in the snow and thought it would be the most beautiful place on earth to wake up and watch the sun rise. Admittedly I haven't yet persuaded the glw to accompany me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I most certainly do not. Last January I walked up to Angle Tarn in the snow and thought it would be the most beautiful place on earth to wake up and watch the sun rise. Admittedly I haven't yet persuaded the glw to accompany me...
    My word!

Well, as I said, I like a bit of cool, fresh air. Just not that much.