Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Is Wenger being selfish?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's exactly it. His job is to manage the club and team, not to guarantee or underwrite victory.
    And what parameter would you use as a basis for determining whether or not he is doing the job well, red?

All of us should have year end appraisals, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And what parameter would you use as a basis for determining whether or not he is doing the job well, red?

If only there could be an objective scoring system applied so we would know whether the manager was improving, maintaining or declining in performance . . .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    If only there could be an objective scoring system applied so we would know whether the manager was improving, maintaining or declining in performance . . .
    I imagine the only KPI Stan cares about is the share price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I imagine the only KPI Stan cares about is the share price.
    That still leaves room for a hundert million pound striker though, doesn't it #wengerIN
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That still leaves room for a hundert million pound striker though, doesn't it #wengerIN
    As we've seen, spending the fackin money is no guarantee of anything. Our spending is the highest it has ever been, and we're on our worst run of form for 20 years. A two hundred million pound striker wouldn't get any service from this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    ..spending the fackin money is no guarantee of anything.
    You sound like my wife

Anyway, obviously it isn't, if you spend it on the wrong things.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

The bottom line? Perhaps our majority shareholder couldn't actually give a stuff about the FA Cup