Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: A bit of a poll / open discussion...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If you find it cliquey, it has always been so, and more so in the past because, as you point out, occasional posters stood out less amongst the din. We all get ignored from time to time, but it's hard to become a part of a community if you don't try. Lurking, making the odd post then sulking if it doesn't get the attention you sought might not be the best approach. The quality of posts, rather than their length, can have a lot to do with how they are recieved. Worth thinking about.
    Not sure if this is really the pertinent point to respond to.

I'm not convinced the quality of discussion warrants making an effort. From my limited experience over two periods, debate has a lot of macho posturing and there is little conceding of points. Most importantly it almost always drifts off into something completely unrelated (usually food, yawn) in next to no time.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Not sure if this is really the pertinent point to respond to.

I'm not convinced the quality of discussion warrants making an effort. From my limited experience over two periods, debate has a lot of macho posturing and there is little conceding of points. Most importantly it almost always drifts off into something completely unrelated (usually food, yawn) in next to no time.
    I concede that you make an excellent point there, AFC East. We need more posters of your quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I concede that you make an excellent point there, AFC East. We need more posters of your quality.
    Thanks, but if I did stay around I suspect Nietzsche would be the best guide to the outcome.

I found the moderators and regular posters far too cliquey. There is little room for an individuals views if it doesnt meet that of the moderators and the Sir C, Berni and Jorge clique. The abuse is unreasonable and the banning by so called moderators is very one sided. You need to sort that out as it is the reason many left while the previous board existed and why many left once it became new. A football opinion is often lost in the race to prove how clever some are in their obscure posting and in jokes. Its not at all friendly

Completely in agreement with you devongunner. Well stated.