Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Granit Jacka

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ah, I see now that Wenger has claimed they had minor 'muscular alerts'.......nothing to see here.
    While Kosh keeps playing through a fairly serious achilles problem. This is code for snowflakery imo. Whatever else one thinks of them, Erzl, Alexis and Ramsey are probably the three players most likely to get us goals. He doesn't even trust his incredibly expensive number nine to play a whole football match.

#bouldyin

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    #bouldyin
    Whilst I quite like the non-communicative Bouldy . . . he and every single member of the coaching team need ****ing out of the window. I hear even Sir Chesney was (more or less) slagging Gerry Peyton off

... and what was RvP's comment to Rio Ferdinand..?

“I remember Robin van Persie loving that. He told me that at Arsenal you wanted to win, but at United you had to win."
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

While Kosh keeps playing through a fairly serious achilles problem. This is code for snowflakery imo. Whatever else one thinks of them, Erzl, Alexis and Ramsey are probably the three players most likely to get us goals. He doesn't even trust his incredibly expensive number nine to play a whole football match.

#bouldyin
    Regarding your final comment, I'm not sure it's anything to do with trust, as such. I've been assuming it's because he's compensating for Giroud's form and loyalty by throwing him 20 minutes in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Regarding your final comment, I'm not sure it's anything to do with trust, as such. I've been assuming it's because he's compensating for Giroud's form and loyalty by throwing him 20 minutes in every game.
    Giroud gets 90 minutes on thursday, and another 90 the following week. Doesn't Lacazette deserve a chance against tired defenders when we're one-nil up?

Giroud gets 90 minutes on thursday, and another 90 the following week. Doesn't Lacazette deserve a chance against tired defenders when we're one-nil up?
    Olly has been playing in the Champions League for 6 years and is France's 7th highest goalscorer ever. You think he'll be placated by the odd game against FC Chicken Kiev?

What I didn't reveal in my previous post is that if my assumption is right, I would be horrified.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Olly has been playing in the Champions League for 6 years and is France's 7th highest goalscorer ever. You think he'll be placated by the odd game against FC Chicken Kiev?

What I didn't reveal in my previous post is that if my assumption is right, I would be horrified.
    Yes, you may well be right that Arsene is placating Giroud. At the expense of the bloke who was bought to be better than him, and now gets to sixty minutes in every game knowing that he has just ten minutes to score before getting the hook. What does that do for him?

Yes, you may well be right that Arsene is placating Giroud. At the expense of the bloke who was bought to be better than him, and now gets to sixty minutes in every game knowing that he has just ten minutes to score before getting the hook. What does that do for him?
    It ought to tell him to get a move on. It's the same in FIFA; as a new, young player, you only usually get an hour to make your mark, earn your points, so you'd better get on with it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Fúck Giroud, quite frankly.

He is being placated to the tune of about 80k per week and chose to stay with us in the summer, knowing that Lacazette had arrived, and also knowing that we were willing to allow him to leave.

I personally find the substitution policy with AL to be beyond bizarre. Almost like a manager who no longer really knows what is best to do but is bumbling along.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Fúck Giroud, quite frankly.

He is being placated to the tune of about 80k per week and chose to stay with us in the summer, knowing that Lacazette had arrived, and also knowing that we were willing to allow him to leave.

I personally find the substitution policy with AL to be beyond bizarre. Almost like a manager who no longer really knows what is best to do but is bumbling along.
    I imagine he promised Giroud that although he'd often be on the bench he wouldn't just get thrown on in the last seconds and would at least have enough time to make his mark and potentially force his way back into the team.

I imagine....