Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Didn't take long for the EU to start softening it's tone

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I went to the supermarket in Tenerife it was ridiculously british.

Do people really buy pot noodles when they are on holiday? and at EUR 2:50 a pop
    I prefer Bombay Bad Boy actually.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    made me chuckle
    Jim'll Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think it's nice that there are places abroad that British people who are absolutely horrified by the idea of everything foreign can go on holiday, tbh. It shows great foresight on our part.
    It's just a natural extension of the British beach holiday/Butlins. but somewhere where it is actually hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's just a natural extension of the British beach holiday/Butlins. but somewhere where it is actually hot.
    It's not unique to us. Most French people holiday in France because they're equally insular. The difference, of course, is that France has nice weather.

It's not unique to us. Most French people holiday in France because they're equally insular. The difference, of course, is that France has nice weather.
    The Dutch are best at this. The reason they are such enthusiastic caravanners is that they can take everything with them, from tea bags to toilet rolls. The French hate them as tourists because they come and spend just about nothing locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Dutch are best at this. The reason they are such enthusiastic caravanners is that they can take everything with them, from tea bags to toilet rolls. The French hate them as tourists because they come and spend just about nothing locally.
    Yes, I remember a restaurateur in the Dordogne being quite forthright on the subject when I asked if they got a lot of Dutch in as well as English.

A friend who works out in the sticks on the road to Austria here says you can always spot the Dutch coming down for their skiing holidays without looking at numberplates. There is a split in the road - one way leads to the expensive resorts, the other to the cheapo one. The latter is almost exclusively taken by Dutch cars

Though I'm surprised they are big skiers anyway

When I visit Northern Italy there is always a lot of Dutch cars in an area near the lake. like loads of them.

But you never see any of them.

As Portillo pointed out yesterday, the EU keeps making terrible economic and political decisions in order to push the idea of ever closer union. The Euro was just one of these mistakes. When it was first introduced, everyone asked how you can have a central currency without centralised political control. The answer was: you can't, but they were arrogant enough to think centralised political control would come along in the natural course of things. It didn't and now the Eurozone is stagnant.
    The Eurozone has had the strongest economic growth in the world over the past 3-4 months. Better than China, the US, anyone. So said the head economist at this investment bank of mine yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    A friend who works out in the sticks on the road to Austria here says you can always spot the Dutch coming down for their skiing holidays without looking at numberplates. There is a split in the road - one way leads to the expensive resorts, the other to the cheapo one. The latter is almost exclusively taken by Dutch cars

Though I'm surprised they are big skiers anyway
    Remember meeting a Dutch lad on a skiing stag do and we invited him out with us but nowhere would let him in as in the words of various doormen "tight ****s, that won't buy a drink" and followed up with "lads, wer're doing you a favour". We vouched for him and got him in, did he buy a drink? Did he ****!