Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a realistic possibility that our squad is actually ****?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    My mum was right. Sanchez is the problem. He's unsettled the whole team as it's all about him.

Could be true.
    Interesting theory. He does appear to be a diva. Highly talented, desirable and produductive, but 'difficult to work with'* when it's all about him.

The other scenario being that he's the only one who can be bothered and he's entitled to be annoyed at the others.

Diva imo.

*Insufferable egotistist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Interesting theory. He does appear to be a diva. Highly talented, desirable and produductive, but 'difficult to work with'* when it's all about him.

The other scenario being that he's the only one who can be bothered and he's entitled to be annoyed at the others.

Diva imo.

*Insufferable egotistist.
    Sanchez out! As his tantrums grow Ozil's ability has dwindled.

I know jack but I think the squad is pretty good. I think the problem is that they are just not set up to go out and try to stifle other teams. They have to out score teams in order to win game. Whether that is by playing brilliant football or by pushing forward even if the good football is not happening on that day.

When they play a top team, a Chelsea or Bayern Munich, they cannot suddenly shut up shop and stop them from playing because they do not know how to do that. One game against Man City excepted. They are almost scared to play and wind up doing neither and good teams will take advantage.

Of course, they could just be a bit sheeet
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I know jack but I think the squad is pretty good. I think the problem is that they are just not set up to go out and try to stifle other teams. They have to out score teams in order to win game. Whether that is by playing brilliant football or by pushing forward even if the good football is not happening on that day.

When they play a top team, a Chelsea or Bayern Munich, they cannot suddenly shut up shop and stop them from playing because they do not know how to do that. One game against Man City excepted. They are almost scared to play and wind up doing neither and good teams will take advantage.

Of course, they could just be a bit sheeet
    I make you right. As a squad and as individual players, they are not properly developed and matured, footballistically. During a match, the manager shouldn't have to direct the players to defend at certain times and attack at others; they (as individuals and as a team) should know this already. That's why, and also ought to be *how*, they are professional footballers in the first place.

None of this is really the manager's fault during an actual game. His responsibility is in selecting them while they are lacking these "basics" and in failing to make up that shortfall through coaching and preparation and whatnot.

So many of them still play as though they are fourteen years old in a school's match and they are each by far the best player on the pitch.

Which, of course, so far as professional football is concerned, *is* a bit sheeet
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I make you right. As a squad and as individual players, they are not properly developed and matured, footballistically. During a match, the manager shouldn't have to direct the players to defend at certain times and attack at others; they (as individuals and as a team) should know this already. That's why, and also ought to be *how*, they are professional footballers in the first place.

None of this is really the manager's fault during an actual game. His responsibility is in selecting them while they are lacking these "basics" and in failing to make up that shortfall through coaching and preparation and whatnot.

So many of them still play as though they are fourteen years old in a school's match and they are each by far the best player on the pitch.

Which, of course, so far as professional football is concerned, *is* a bit sheeet
    Exactly. The players need more guidance in training. They need to be setup to play against good teams while being able to pick off weaker teams with their superior quality.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman