Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For the flids complaining about us being **** yesterday

For the flids complaining about us being **** yesterday

If you’re **** at something, it’s quite normal to not instantly become brilliant at it but instead improve slowly. I would suggest grinding out a 1-0 win at one of the best sides outside the top 6 is exactly the kind of progress we want to see. We’ve been totally **** away from home since before emery and there’s clearly a mental block that has carried over into his reign.

Surely, surely, any concerns that we are dull are mitigated by the fact that we are bloody great at home? I mean really, really good. We’ve basically beaten EVERYONE apart from Man City on the first game of the season and Liverpool who we were excellent against. And we’ve done so playing a style of high press football that people have been crying out for for years. We’re even the third highest scorers in the division, behind only the two runaway leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    If you’re **** at something, it’s quite normal to not instantly become brilliant at it but instead improve slowly. I would suggest grinding out a 1-0 win at one of the best sides outside the top 6 is exactly the kind of progress we want to see. We’ve been totally **** away from home since before emery and there’s clearly a mental block that has carried over into his reign.

Surely, surely, any concerns that we are dull are mitigated by the fact that we are bloody great at home? I mean really, really good. We’ve basically beaten EVERYONE apart from Man City on the first game of the season and Liverpool who we were excellent against. And we’ve done so playing a style of high press football that people have been crying out for for years. We’re even the third highest scorers in the division, behind only the two runaway leaders.
    Thought Guendouzi was excellent when he came on. No fear.

Not unreasonable to think that Sunday night table will be:

Arsenal 34 69
    Chelsea 35 69
    Scum 34 67
    Man U 34 65

That and being in a strong position for a EL semi-final, with a manager who has won it three times in a row. And you're right, of course, we've been wonderful to watch and very, very good at home. Even last night second half we were very good, some of our passing was a joy to watch just a shame we couldn't find the second. With the defenders we have we're always going to look vulnerable at the back at the times given how we attack. Sky commented on how dangerous Watford were and backed it up with a 40 yard wonder strike out of nothing that hit the bar, a half chance and AMN clearing the ball off the line, even though it never got near the line. Amazing the way some muppets lap up Sky's nonsense if it happens to coincide with what they want to believe.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are supporting Arsenal.

And Wolves - you forgot Wolves

Watford gifted us 3 points, we did precious little to earn it, but a win is a win.

Will Arsenal ever win the league again? Not under Emery, so maybe the sooner he moves on the better.

Or we can accept that sometimes making the top 4 and some good cup runs is good enough for Arsenal. I was okay with that a couple of years ago.

What's changed?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I was okay with that a couple of years ago.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    What's changed?
    The grumblies have changed from being the people who most wanted Arsene out to the people who most wanted him in.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    What's changed?
    You’d need to ask the posters who are now happy with this outcome.

My reasoning would be that I couldn't see us in this position if AW was still manager. So for the first season after a generation of 1 man running the club it has been a pleasing outcome imo. Lots of work still to do but heading in the right direction
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The fact that we finished 5th two seasons ago and 6th last season and were the same distance away from relegation as we were from 1st.

That made making the top 4 an improvement and people like to see things improving rather than getting worse.

It really isn't that difficult.