Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I'll tell you what's worse than Arsenal losing, trying to lose weight, that's what

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    it's quite easy sir. You just have to decide to do it. I don't regret losing a load of weight the past couple of years. should have done it much sooner.
    I'm good at exercise, Pat. 4 times a week to the gym, tennis or hockey at the weekend, even the odd run to Bramley and back.

But I'm weak when it comes to diet. I want beer and wine and crisps and cheese and bacon and sausages all sorts. Hard to lose weight consuming what I consume.

Did you diet or exercise or both? If diet, what did you cut out?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'm good at exercise, Pat. 4 times a week to the gym, tennis or hockey at the weekend, even the odd run to Bramley and back.

But I'm weak when it comes to diet. I want beer and wine and crisps and cheese and bacon and sausages all sorts. Hard to lose weight consuming what I consume.

I did diet as I am lazy.

I went extreme for a while with this Keto diet, Not for everyone but I did it for a while it broke all my habits of eating stuff full of sugar.I used to down cans of coke like they were going out of business so i removed that and stuff like crisps. I am not much of a drinker so that wasn't a factor.

I lost 30lbs and went down to 12 stone, but i just eat whatever now i keep an eye if it goes over a certain amount.
    on the other hand i had to buy completely new clothes.

I think this might help...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Compare the calories in booze/fries/cheeseburger to the calories expended in a workout....

You'll have your answer then.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Compare the calories in booze/fries/cheeseburger to the calories expended in a workout....

You'll have your answer then.
    Innit, I work out on a machine for half an hour to burn enough calories for that chocolate bar I just ate.

Not eating the chocolate bar is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Innit, I work out on a machine for half an hour to burn enough calories for that chocolate bar I just ate.

Not eating the chocolate bar is easier.
    Do the workout and avoid the chocolate and all will be well.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

I love that thin feeling in the morning when you wake up.

I am talking about myself and not your thin feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Although there is something to be said for not being one meal away from starvation. In an uncertain world a (modest) reserve fuel tank could come in handy.