Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Approximately 18 months ago I, World's End Stella, went on an extensive youtube

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’ve realised that I’m simply too old now to stay up half the night watching the ashes They shall just have to get on with it without me, I’m afraid.

Also, we’re gonna get gubbed.
    Half their batting line-up is injured though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Half their batting line-up is injured though
    Its our batting that is the concern. I dont like the sound of their bowling attack at all. Pace, bounce, etc. **** that for a laugh....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its our batting that is the concern. I dont like the sound of their bowling attack at all. Pace, bounce, etc. **** that for a laugh....
    Inexperienced (in Cummins case) and injury prone (all three pacemen with scant back up). Please don't believe the hype, P. As Mike Atherton pointed out when commenting on the Australian's assertion that this was Australia's best Ashes bowling attack ever (yes, really) - combined their three pacemen have 605 fewer test wickets than Broad and Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Inexperienced (in Cummins case) and injury prone (all three pacemen with scant back up). Please don't believe the hype, P. As Mike Atherton pointed out when commenting on the Australian's assertion that this was Australia's best Ashes bowling attack ever (yes, really) - combined their three pacemen have 605 fewer test wickets than Broad and Anderson
    But.... there was talk of 90mph and seam movement..... I dont like this.

I cant quite believe some of the **** I have read. Describing a batting line up that, at that point, contained Cook, Root, Bairstow, Moeen and Stokes as the 'worst to ever tour Australia' was utterly ridiculous. Were they not watching cricket in the 90s?

I dont think talent is the issue. Its their ability to hang around all day and turn a 350 into a 500.