Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Hmm, it seems to me that Labour need to connect with their traditional support base.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It certainly got a boost the 90's, when PR firms were hired to cast specific groups as victims needing military intervention in their favour. Also there was the Diana thing which seemed to glorify victimhood.

I agree with your earlier point about "a generation that grew up being taught about the heroic struggles against prejudice undertaken by previous generations and they want their own." Though I would be squeemish about using the word 'bender'.
    I wouldn't call a gay bloke a bender. I use it for the awkward sods who wont let you call them anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I wouldn't call a gay bloke a bender. I use it for the awkward sods who wont let you call them anything else.
    Would you call a bender "gay"?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Would you call a bender "gay"?
    I would probably ask him what his name was and call him by that. I doubt I would often have cause to refer to his sexual preference as it is of no interest to me. If it really matters to him then we are probably not going to get along...