Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Some Spurs fans unhappy with signing Aurier as he may be a homo

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Still hurtful.
    Like you have a heart or soul capable of feeling emotion :deadinside:

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, I'm aware that anti-semitism is alive and well among the far right who consider us globalists who broke the seal on immigration and multi-culturalism.

They've got a point, to be fair.

I literally deserve to be gassed, Jeff
    Yeah. George Soros really doesn't help with all that. You chaps really need to have a word with him.

I listened to Room to Roam just yesterday.

While I would readily accept it is no FB I would still urge you to cast away your blinkered and almost childlike sense of musical appreciation and give it another go.

I know that album back to front. Did you notice Ellie Goulding doing a sneaky cover version from it?

Some of it is really good, some of it is hastily put together rubbish and some of it is just a glorified pub session. Fun, but hardly a work of art.

It feels unfinished and, actually, it kind of is. The big rolling band had dispersed before he finished the album so some of it was completed by him on his own.

It sounds like the end of an era and it was. I dont dislike it, I just think he had tired out his muse before it was finished. I will also listen to anything he produces.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I know that album back to front. Did you notice Ellie Goulding doing a sneaky cover version from it?

Some of it is really good, some of it is hastily put together rubbish and some of it is just a glorified pub session. Fun, but hardly a work of art.

It feels unfinished and, actually, it kind of is. The big rolling band had dispersed before he finished the album so some of it was completed by him on his own.

It sounds like the end of an era and it was. I dont dislike it, I just think he had tired out his muse before it was finished. I will also listen to anything he produces.
    No, but I read an interview with MS last night and he mentioned it.

New album out. I shall find it for free on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're aware, of course, that he has dissed Bruce? On these very pages, as well.

The man is little better than a savage.
    It doesn't work as an album. It isn't my fault that you two dingbats are unable to distinguish dissing and critical appraisal.

I may love Springsteen but that doesn't change the fact that Ramrod is one of the worst pieces of rock n roll guff ever committed to vinyl- plodding bar room bilge with childish Spinal Tap-like sexual innuendo that is also rather sexually aggressive. Just as far too many of his songs in the 80s had rather diisturbing references to statutory rape.

Bob Dylan has served us some stinkers. He remains Bob Dylan.

Get over yourselves.

It doesn't work as an album. It isn't my fault that you two dingbats are unable to distinguish dissing and critical appraisal.

I may love Springsteen but that doesn't change the fact that Ramrod is one of the worst pieces of rock n roll guff ever committed to vinyl- plodding bar room bilge with childish Spinal Tap-like sexual innuendo that is also rather sexually aggressive. Just as far too many of his songs in the 80s had rather diisturbing references to statutory rape.

Bob Dylan has served us some stinkers. He remains Bob Dylan.

Get over yourselves.
    Kindly step up to this stake and do try not to dislodge too much kindling as you do so.

No, but I read an interview with MS last night and he mentioned it.

New album out. I shall find it for free on the internet.
    Last time I saw them live (at Latitude) he did a couple from DreamHarder. Not a great album but with some good numbers.

Goulding did How Long Will I Love You. Not a terrible version actually. Half decent song an al that.

I like A Man is in Love as well. Further Up, Further In.

But there are stinkers on there. It needs saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Kindly step up to this stake and do try not to dislodge too much kindling as you do so.
    Do you know what a Ramrod is?

Do you think that is an appropriate euphemism in this day and age? The feminists must have missed it.

Do you know what a Ramrod is?

Do you think that is an appropriate euphemism in this day and age? The feminists must have missed it.
    Euphemism? Presumably, this album was a treatise on the loading of smooth bore weapons, p?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Euphemism? Presumably, this album was a treatise on the loading of smooth bore weapons, p?
    Sorry, a metaphor. As in

Hey Little Dolly with the Blue Jeans on
    I wanna Ramrod with you honey till half past dawn.

Embarrassing.