Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I've had an idea. Since there are clearly no opening batsmen in Her Majesty's kingdom

I've had an idea. Since there are clearly no opening batsmen in Her Majesty's kingdom

Why do we not simply not bother with openers at all? Let's open with Bairstow and Root and then bring in Archer and Rashid to bolster the bowling?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Why do we not simply not bother with openers at all? Let's open with Bairstow and Root and then bring in Archer and Rashid to bolster the bowling?
    Jason Roy, imo

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Jason Roy, imo
    Averaged 8 in first class cricket last year - should fit in well

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Hales and Roy, tell them it is a 20:20 game, wont last long but will be interesting
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Having said that, they appear to be playing this on a pitch that looks rather like my front lawn. Are there generous amounts of seam movement on offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Hales and Roy, tell them it is a 20:20 game, wont last long but will be interesting
    Surely we can pay Cook to play for a while longer? Every man has his price...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Great quote this morning - England are the only side more likely to get 400 in an ODI than a Test. Could probably say the same for 200 and a 2020 now