Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Well that was time and money well spent by the feminist harridan and her

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I didn't really need one. I just had one for formality. I didn't give him any duties.

Though looking back I would have asked for his assistance to sort of shepherd people around a bit.
    I didn't have one at all. I had an old chum to act as my witness, but that was basically it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I would never give anyone a task that involves them having to stay remotely sober at the reception. To do so would seem actively unpleasant to me.
    This was at the ceremony so rather than enjoy it I am thinking hope I press the right button.
    The track was called best day of my life or something.

I put it on and thought oh **** it's wrong. as I was expecting Bryan Adams or something.
    it wasn't summer of 69.

Well there you go. Why on earth would you want to invite 200 cünts to your special day? The mere fact that you would consider doing so tells me you're looking at the thing all wrong.
    You can't promote the idea of family, the future, children etc. with that attitude, I'm afraid, which is presumably the whole point of the thing. It's not the time for meanness and selfishness and me, me, me-ness.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You can't promote the idea of family, the future, children etc. with that attitude, I'm afraid, which is presumably the whole point of the thing. It's not the time for meanness and selfishness and me, me, me-ness.
    Mate, there are barely 20 people on this earth whose happiness and enjoyment I truly give a shît about, let alone 200.

Nah. In fact, it's a considerable imposition, if you think about it.
    That's why I had the poove.

Mate, there are barely 20 people on this earth whose happiness and enjoyment I truly give a shît about, let alone 200.
    Of course, but everyone enjoys a booze-up and a dance. That's the point. You don't have to care about them but the more of them there are, the merrier.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's why I had the poove.
    Best Best Man Ever imo. Got hammered with you beforehand and gave a wonderfully short oration. That's all one needs really.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Of course, but everyone enjoys a booze-up and a dance. That's the point. You don't have to care about them but the more of them there are, the merrier.
    I disagree. Best weddings I've been to (i.e. the only ones I've enjoyed) have both been relatively small affairs.

I disagree. Best weddings I've been to (i.e. the only ones I've enjoyed) have both been relatively small affairs.
    Exactly, otherwise it's even more strangers you have no interest in talking too than normal.

Best Best Man Ever imo. Got hammered with you beforehand and gave a wonderfully short oration. That's all one needs really.
    Hmm. He spent the day before getting me hammered from about midday onwards. In the evening he moved on to shovelling the devil's dandruff up my bugle. After I finally got to bed at about 3, he re-appeared at my door to enquire whether I had any further stash as he had used all his up. Then the next morning he paced around like a caged lion muttering, "I'm so nervous, I'm so nervous.." until I almost had a breakdown.

Sub-optimal, really.