Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Wenger being selfish?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, He is being strictly professional.
    Hi Ty
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    For the sake of clarity - you are insinuating that you believe that He will stay but they cannot announce it when we lose every game? Or you think He will leave but announcing it now would make it seem like a knee-jerk reaction?
    The former.

Announcing another 2 years when we have just been handed our arses by Bayern Munich or beaten with relative ease at WBA is not the way forward.

We really need to win the cup semi-final.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The former.

Announcing another 2 years when we have just been handed our arses by Bayern Munich or beaten with relative ease at WBA is not the way forward.

We really need to win the cup semi-final.
    I'm not sure I've ever said it before, but I really hope Berni is right. It seems that the Board are in a huge minority in wanting him to stay. He said that He'd listen to the fans when making his decision.

He's a ****ing liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever said it before, but I really hope Berni is right. It seems that the Board are in a huge minority in wanting him to stay. He said that He'd listen to the fans when making his decision.

He's a ****ing liar.
    Well it is a tricky one Richard.

He shouldn’t really listen to fans, nor should any manager.

To walk away now, which I think he should, is to more or less admit he cannot see himself as capable of arresting whatever is wrong at the club and recent form does suggest there is issues, recent form and some would say repeated errors year on year.

Then having come clean and admitted the above he really is a busted flush. What top club does he go to next, will there be a queue of suitors as there would have been in the past. I am unconvinced the really big teams in Europe will want him as he is seen to have failed in his job in N5 over a lengthy period of time.

To walk away now, which I think he should, is to more or less admit he cannot see himself as capable of arresting whatever is wrong at the club and recent form does suggest there is issues, recent form and some would say repeated errors year on year.

Then having come clean and admitted the above he really is a busted flush. What top club does he go to next, will there be a queue of suitors as there would have been in the past. I am unconvinced the really big teams in Europe will want him as he is seen to have failed in his job in N5 over a lengthy period of time.
    He can **** off to China.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Hi Ty
    looooooooooooooool.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Hmm. The managerial merry-go-round at the big clubs seems to happily appoint managers who have failed at their previous jobs. He could probably go to Barcelona and have a decent shout of winning the European Cup. Mourinho was taking Chelsea down when he was sacked then given the Man Utd job.

It looks like if players can change their manager by being **** if they don't want him. Not the first time the Chelsea players have got rid of a manager. See also Leicester.

The smart move would be to **** off over to FIFA. Usher in a wave of honesty and credibility. He's just what they need.
    Sadly, my money's still on the old ******* not accepting his age and now all too obvious limitations.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 03-20-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Hmm. The managerial merry-go-round at the big clubs seems to happily appoint managers who have failed at their previous jobs. He could probably go to Barcelona and have a decent shout of winning the European Cup. Mourinho was taking Chelsea down when he was sacked then given the Man Utd job.

It looks like if players can change their manager by being **** if they don't want him. Not the first time the Chelsea players have got rid of a manager. See also Leicester.
    Well my thoughts there was largely influenced by a radio interview I listened to last week with some Spanish football person who openly declared that the Spanish giants would have no interest in him whatsoever as the general feeling there is one of utter amazement that he is still in his position after a decade of failure.

Mourinho had won a league title just 6 months or whatever before being sacked and let’s remember had also won 2 Champions Leagues, in essence one season of falling below standards was not enough to really damage his legacy.

I am not convinced AW, a deeply respected man of course, is still on that very top shelf as he heads towards retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's exactly it. His job is to manage the club and team, not to guarantee or underwrite victory.
    And what parameter would you use as a basis for determining whether or not he is doing the job well, red?

All of us should have year end appraisals, you know.