Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: You know, banning me for my choice in beer? That hurts.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Thing is, I don't know anyone who would order a Budweiser in a pub.

The GLW of a friend offered me a beer at their home recently - Budweiser. I had a cup of tea.
    Really? There was a time in the City back in the late 90s or early 00s when a chap with a bottle of Bud in his hand was a very common site.

I fail to understand how anyone can claim that it's a bad lager. Fosters I get. Carling I get. Both taste pretty awful but Bud is really rather innocuous, it's just a standard, inoffensive lager.

Mind you, it is a large American corporation.

I've looked at this thread many times and still don't know what it's about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I've looked at this thread many times and still don't know what it's about.
    http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?...ered-Good-good
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Really? There was a time in the City back in the late 90s or early 00s when a chap with a bottle of Bud in his hand was a very common site.

I fail to understand how anyone can claim that it's a bad lager. Fosters I get. Carling I get. Both taste pretty awful but Bud is really rather innocuous, it's just a standard, inoffensive lager.

Mind you, it is a large American corporation.
    Ah yes, Late 80s - Early 90s - Budweiser novelty appeal. But I know of no-one, now, who drinks the stuff.

Anheuser-Busch InBev? They own a lot of brands that are decent beers. In fact I enjoyed 2 x 500ml bottles of Leffe Blond during the England Croatia match.

Budweiser is still fizzy piss.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Ah yes, Late 80s - Early 90s - Budweiser novelty appeal. But I know of no-one, now, who drinks the stuff.

Anheuser-Busch InBev? They own a lot of brands that are decent beers. In fact I enjoyed 2 x 500ml bottles of Leffe Blond during the England Croatia match.

Budweiser is still fizzy piss.
    I drank Budweiser on a few occasions during the 90s and noticed that after two bottles I would be afflicted with a headache. I can only assume that this was my brain rebelling against the ghastly stuff.