Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
So there we have it. You support the EU because you openly despise democracy and wish to be ruled by technocrats and giant capitalist corporations.

Yet you hang around with yellow vests, boast of decades of selfish nihilism and pretend to be a rebel.

Why would anyone take you seriously?
Where did I say I want to be ruled by giant corporations? One of the things I like most about the EU is the fact that they are prepared to break up monopolies and fine companies that transgress.

The only hope we have of dealing with multi-national tax scams and the abuses of the US tech giants is through the EU.

Believe it or not, while I'm aware of the EU's many imperfections, I actually think it can be a force for good in this world.

In the future, in an increasingly globalised world, there will only be 3 rule makers. The Chinks, the Septics and the EU. And only the EU will be prepared to hold the tech giants to account.

But yes, I would rather be ruled by accountable technocrats that the semi-literate self-serving ****wits that make up much of our political class. Would you rather the country was run by the front bench of either main party or our top civil servants?

We have a NI sec who doesn't understand how people vote there, a Brexit sec who didn't know a lot of our trade goes through Dover and Dianne Abacus. Give me the CS high flyers any day.

Though out of interest, if I give my own time and money to help throw a party that tens of thousands then enjoy for free, just how am I being selfish and nihilistic? Surely that would be the dictionary definitions of selfless and creative?