Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: YOU did this, you disgusting animals.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    They haven't sacked him... if they were sacking him he'd be gone now, they have agreed that he leaves at the end of the season.
    Wenger who always sees out a contract, leaves mid-contract and you don't think he's been sacked?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Wenger who always sees out a contract, leaves mid-contract and you don't think he's been sacked?
    No I don't......
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Mutual agreement agreed in the best interests of both parties.

Not technically a sacking though you could twist and interpret it as such if you wished.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Mutual agreement agreed in the best interests of both parties.

Not technically a sacking though you could twist and interpret it as such if you wished.
    Who do you think raised the issue, Kroenke or Wenger? Do you think Wenger would ever have raised the issue?

Who do you think raised the issue, Kroenke or Wenger? Do you think Wenger would ever have raised the issue?
    No as he is (correctly) a manager who has total faith in his beliefs and ability and I am sure he would have been confident for next season given the introduction in January of two top level players and the assorted cast he already had in place. Factor in 2-3 perhaps new players in the summer and call me naïve but there is grounds for optimism.

Club was clearly working to this with the appointments of the scruffy German and others. Perhaps the travails of this season have just forced their hand – or perhaps their number one target is now available and it is time to act.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No as he is (correctly) a manager who has total faith in his beliefs and ability and I am sure he would have been confident for next season given the introduction in January of two top level players and the assorted cast he already had in place. Factor in 2-3 perhaps new players in the summer and call me naïve but there is grounds for optimism.

Club was clearly working to this with the appointments of the scruffy German and others. Perhaps the travails of this season have just forced their hand – or perhaps their number one target is now available and it is time to act.
    I'm guessing the process was that the new boys, Wenger and Gazidis met to discuss next season and Wenger would have asked something like 'do you all still think that I am the best man for the job?'. The feedback was probably nicely phrased but was ultimately 'no, we think we need to move in a new direction but won't force it upon you'. Wenger then decided that it was best to step down.

Was that a 'sacking'? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I'm guessing the process was that the new boys, Wenger and Gazidis met to discuss next season and Wenger would have asked something like 'do you all still think that I am the best man for the job?'. The feedback was probably nicely phrased but was ultimately 'no, we think we need to move in a new direction but won't force it upon you'. Wenger then decided that it was best to step down.

Was that a 'sacking'? I don't think so.
    Wenger ask if he's the right man for the job? That goes against everything we've seen in the last 20 years. It's more likely that he decided he isn't himself. Let's face it, why bother asking Gazidis? He's a ****ing lawyer and pretty poor CEO, not a football expert.