Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: One of these Trump things about which there is considerable outrage.

[QUOTE=Sir C;4136307]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post

Tell us what he said c. We won't tell anyone.
    Well,for a start he didn't call the Major the General
    He did mention Stubbs coming in to sort out the mess

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Have to say, I'm slightly worried that I appear to be replacing Jorge WCHE on this thread.

It makes me feel dirty
    I'm just relieved that there's a post without the broken quote tags causing people to be MISQUOTED. It's untidy and wrong.

The thread was broken in this post:

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?...=1#post4136272

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm just relieved that there's a post without the broken quote tags causing people to be MISQUOTED. It's untidy and wrong.

The thread was broken in this post:

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?...=1#post4136272
    It's all these bloody foreign types coming over here and breaking our threads
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

[QUOTE=World's End Stella;4136305]
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

You think his statement that a Hispanic judge could not rule impartially because he's Hispanic is not a racist statement?
    It's no more or less racist than many of the things Black Lives Matter activists say all the time about the legal system in relation to the acquittal or exoneration of white police officers by white judges or juries.

[QUOTE=Burney;4136309]

Let's go through it, shall we?

"When Mexico sends it people, they're not sending their best." - True. As Sir C says, not many doctors, lawyers or injun chiefs in that lot.
    "They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with [them]. - All true. You don't try and get smuggled into the US if things are going swimmingly south of the border.
    "They're bringing drugs." True. Drug and people smuggling are intrinsically linked.
    "They're bringing crime." True. Illegal immigrant gangs do make up a disproportionate amount of crime in the Southwestern United States.
    "They're rapists." True. Some among them are indeed rapists.
    "And some, I assume, are good people" True, I guess.

There isn't a single statement in that lot that isn't founded in truth. So where exactly is the racism other than in your interpretation?
    I can't be bothered with every statement so I'll just focus on the one I found most amusing:

"They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with [them]. - All true. You don't try and get smuggled into the US if things are going swimmingly south of the border.

Really? So there aren't any illegal Mexican immigrants who are simply looking for work and are honest, hard working people who want security and a better future for them and their family? They all have 'problems and they're bringing them with them'?

[QUOTE=Burney;4136313]

It's no more or less racist than many of the things Black Lives Matter activists say all the time about the legal system in relation to the acquittal or exoneration of white police officers by white judges or juries.
    Whataboutery - you said I had utterly failed to prove that either statement was racist. You now accept that was incorrect?

[QUOTE=World's End Stella;4136315]

Whataboutery - you said I had utterly failed to prove that either statement was racist. You now accept that was incorrect?
    It's not whataboutery, it's clear evidence of a double standard in that the people who call that statement racist must also condemn Black Lives Matter as racist for suggesting the same thing - and never do.

Besides which, it is in no way racist to suggest that someone's cultural or ethnic background could affect their outlook and decision-making process.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-23-2016 at 04:24 PM.

[QUOTE=World's End Stella;4136314]

I can't be bothered with every statement so I'll just focus on the one I found most amusing:

Really? So there aren't any illegal Mexican immigrants who are simply looking for work and are honest, hard working people who want security and a better future for them and their family? They all have 'problems and they're bringing them with them'?

He clearly covers that eventuality in 'and some, I assume, are good people'. Still no racism.

[QUOTE=Burney;4136316]

It's not whataboutery, it's clear evidence of a double standard in that the people who call that statement racist must also condemn Black Lives Matter as racist for suggesting the same thing - and never do.

Besides which, it is in no way racist to suggest that someone's cultural or ethnic background could affect their outlook and decision-making process.
    Don't be absurd, of course it's whataboutery and you know it.

Judges are paid to be impartial and objective and intelligent in the execution of their responsibilities. Donald Trump made it clear that a particular judge was unable to do that because of his race. That, by any sensible decision, is racism.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I believe he suggested Google.
    Google says meh
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman