Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do we stand on Granit Xhaka?

Where do we stand on Granit Xhaka?

I was reading a piece in yesterday’s Observer, a mid-season report if you will, written by various ‘high profile’ fans of the respective PL clubs. Ours stated that the jury was still very much out on the Swiss Albanian, perhaps even using the word “liability”.

On a personal level I think he is magnificent and head and shoulders the best available midfield option at the club, his presence on the pitch bringing an assured level of passing and possession which is lacking in his absence.

What says ye?

P.s. In respect of yesterday sadly predictable in the face of quality opposition, albeit very weakened quality opposition. We are great against the small teams mind you.

Wenger out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I was reading a piece in yesterday’s Observer, a mid-season report if you will, written by various ‘high profile’ fans of the respective PL clubs. Ours stated that the jury was still very much out on the Swiss Albanian, perhaps even using the word “liability”.

On a personal level I think he is magnificent and head and shoulders the best available midfield option at the club, his presence on the pitch bringing an assured level of passing and possession which is lacking in his absence.

What says ye?

P.s. In respect of yesterday sadly predictable in the face of quality opposition, albeit very weakened quality opposition. We are great against the small teams mind you.

Wenger out.
    Poor yesterday, but thought he has been very good other than that. Could do with playing next to someone better than Coquelin.

What do we think of Perez would be a good one to ask. Mainly because despite scoring a hat-trick and looking a bit good against Basel he has hardly had a kick since. Meanwhile Iwobi and Chamberlain are stinking the place out.

What says ye?

Wenger out.

I think he is a very talented player and seems to have a genuine ability to play in front of the back four or further forward. Yes, some will point to a his red cards etc, but he will work that out in time.

He was very, very poor in that 2nd half yesterday. Let us hope he learns from his mistakes

Your only mistake there was reading the Observer
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

What says ye?
    I'm not sure he's better than Santi Cazorla.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Poor yesterday, but thought he has been very good other than that. Could do with playing next to someone better than Coquelin.

What do we think of Perez would be a good one to ask. Mainly because despite scoring a hat-trick and looking a bit good against Basel he has hardly had a kick since. Meanwhile Iwobi and Chamberlain are stinking the place out.
    Not sure. Did not watch any of the Basel game so cannot comment on his performance.

Would it be wrong of me to suggest his continued absence suggests that perhaps Wenger does not truly rate him and that perhaps his signing was a simple cheap option to keep critics, both inside and outside the club, off his back?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Santi is not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    "He's taller than Cazorla, but not quite so good a 'baller."

I'm sure some talented songsmith could do something with that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

What says ye?

Wenger out.
    I doudt we're ever going to get twenty-five goals a season out of him.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

What says ye?

Wenger out.
    Very happy with his passing game, but I have concerns about his mobility - or it might be his ptredictive powers.

I need to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    "He's taller than Cazorla, but not quite so good a 'baller."

I'm sure some talented songsmith could do something with that.
    I think I'd prefer "He's taller than Cazorla, but the better 'baller's smaller".