Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I am not too concerned about a pre season friendly defeat.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Kane has what 2 or 3 years left as top dog with currently no obvious successor. Balogun needs to prove himself in the PL and could easily have put himself in pole position. Looks to just want an easy ride, imo
    You may be right but apathy at that age is a rare thing, perhaps he’s just hungry to make his mark with no affiliation to how he achieves that goal. We expect loyalty as fans but many players don’t choose that path. I still think there are many ahead of him in the queue behind Kane. Toney for one, if he can stay away from the bookies.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    You may be right but apathy at that age is a rare thing, perhaps he’s just hungry to make his mark with no affiliation to how he achieves that goal. We expect loyalty as fans but many players don’t choose that path. I still think there are many ahead of him in the queue behind Kane. Toney for one, if he can stay away from the bookies.
    Toney is 27 though. It's not a question of loyalty, I just suspect the attitude isn't right and it's not that rare for young players already on a decent wedge to become complacent about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Agree about not expecting loyalty but he just doesn't have the desire to fight for the place which is disappointing. As regards the French league would like to point out that Lacazette scored as many goals last season there as he did in his last three seasons at Arsenal (not knocking Laca who had great qualities as a team player as well)