Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's to another two years of the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The Mirror, Guardian and Daily Mail were all running the same story as well so it's probably been handed down by someone in the club or on Wenger's side. I'm in the same boat as you, don't give a **** anymore. Won't bother watching a game until he ****s off. I might have to take an interest in Ice Hockey now
    Vive Le Bleu-Blanc-Rouge! #Habs
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I wonder whether this one year rumour thing has any legs in it?

It would show up the total ineptitude of this board that they have not put any succession plans in place and have gone begging cap in hand for Wenger to stay one more year so that they can start planning.

Of course, there are other way to interpret that scenario.
    The contract is a McGuffin anyway. Clearly He could stay and work until, say, Christmas without one and it wouldn't make any difference to anything.

I suppose they just feel announcing it at the wrong moment would be asking for it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I think it's nonsense anyway. What planning needs to be done? The season is coming to an end and they've got between now and July to find a manager.
    I guess other clubs can find manager in a short space of time so why can't we? I get that but I doubt that it is that simple
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I guess other clubs can find manager in a short space of time so why can't we? I get that but I doubt that it is that simple
    You'd like to think he'd be allowed to see the season out, barring some kind of rabid fan meltdown. I'm sure none of us want to see him sacked.
    It's a bit like that last season when GG lost the plot and we signed Kiwomya. We're in a much better position of course but those same seeds of stagnation are firmly bedded in.

I think Arsene probably feels as though he has a point to prove.

Let's just make the best of it, shall we? I know that funds, ex players and pundits are all calling for his resignation, but we should at least try to be pragmatic. Things will get better.

If he ****s Alexis, Ozil and Ox off then I think the speerit in the changing room will be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    You'd like to think he'd be allowed to see the season out, barring some kind of rabid fan meltdown. I'm sure none of us want to see him sacked.
    It's a bit like that last season when GG lost the plot and we signed Kiwomya. We're in a much better position of course but those same seeds of stagnation are firmly bedded in.
    The annoying thing is it feels like the goalposts are being moved. He always says judge me at the end of the season but you can bet your *******s that if we finish 6th and don't win the FA cup he'll still stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think Arsene probably feels as though he has a point to prove.

Let's just make the best of it, shall we? I know that funds, ex players and pundits are all calling for his resignation, but we should at least try to be pragmatic. Things will get better.

If he ****s Alexis, Ozil and Ox off then I think the speerit in the changing room will be much better.
    Great. We lose two of the only very good players we have and are left with ****s like Ramsey and Walcott.

Great. We lose two of the only very good players we have and are left with ****s like Ramsey and Walcott.
    Yeah but what is the point in keeping players with no interest in staying? Alexis is far too good for Arsenal anyway and I'm bored of his petulant arm waving (see also Ox). Iwobi may not be as good as Ozil yet, but at least he appears to care.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Vive Le Bleu-Blanc-Rouge! #Habs
    Les Habitants haven't really been that since Guy Lafleur retired, red. More Russkis than Quebecois nowadays, I think.

Used to be half the team had last names that began with 'Le' or 'La'.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Les Habitants haven't really been that since Guy Lafleur retired, red. More Russkis than Quebecois nowadays, I think.

Used to be half the team had last names that began with 'Le' or 'La'.
    Yes, so I gather. It's only because my boys are big fans of Mordie Richler's stories.