Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A bit of a poll / open discussion...

With all due respect if Burney is given the power to moderate threads according to his intransigent ideas on what a conversation should be ie whatever he is interested in discussing irrelevant of what anyone else wants to talk about - you may as well close the board now.

Just look at the sniping and sidetracking on this thread. It's his way or no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris+ View Post
    Cheers Burney - I'll organise it. Perhaps Sir C would also like to moderate?

With regard to guidelines - I'll think on it, but obviously the usual indiscretions like racism / sexism etc.etc. will have to be applied.

Is there any mileage in having an 'off topic' type section for non-footie talk?
    Burney and Sir C as mods? They are two cheeks of the same arse. They follow each other around like lapdogs and have similar xenophobic political/worldview. They are the two that ruin threads with their hijacking and engage in race-baiting. Uber Brit Supremacists. All this makes it easier for them to play to their agenda and conflict of interest.

As for an off topic section I wouldn't recommend it.

With regard to guidelines - I'll think on it, but obviously the usual indiscretions like racism / sexism etc.etc. will have to be applied.

Happy to help, chief.

Delighted to help. Joking aside, I'm happy to abide by whatever people want. My view is that most people like being able to say what they want to say wherever they want, but I'm hardly going to go to war about it.

Mo, my dear chap. Calm yourself. I am a unity candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mo, my dear chap. Calm yourself. I am a unity candidate.
    You should read this history of Sicily I'm currently reading, it's rather good actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Burney and Sir C as mods? They are two cheeks of the same arse. They follow each other around like lapdogs and have similar xenophobic political/worldview. They are the two that ruin threads with their hijacking and engage in race-baiting. Uber Brit Supremacists. All this makes it easier for them to play to their agenda and conflict of interest.

As for an off topic section I wouldn't recommend it.
    Sorry mate but that's a load of balls or as I like to call it "your opinion".You have every right to think that but we also have the right to think not.That's the way a democracy works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    You should read this history of Sicily I'm currently reading, it's rather good actually.
    I read John Julius Norwich's one recently. That was a rather good romp through 3,000 years of history.

I want awimb to return to it's former glory - How do I achieve this?

Hosting is becoming super expensive, and frankly if people desert awimb the way they have been doing it'll simply become too expensive to host, and never mind former glory, it'll just disappear.

I know that social media has overtaken forums to a certain extent, but we're better than that aren't we?

I want input from you lot - speak now please - how can it be improved?
    It can be improved by reducing burney's posting quota to less than 500 a day.
    His toxic presence has exceeded saturation levels , destroying AWIMB with his caustic comments.
    If you do want more clicks , members and revenue you must address and act on the burney issue urgently as he is the master of anti-recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Anyway,lurkers! What would YOU like to see changed/improved?
    Ok, as a lurker since dial up days:

1. Tree view was much better. Every night I could scroll down and appreciate the one-liner jokes and still find the posts I wanted to dip inside.
    2. Even though I mostly read at night, so there wasn't much point in replying, I could find things and reply to people by PM. I can't find that now. But I used to have PM conversations one post each per day with people like Jorge and Herbie - not great for the board, I accept, but I enjoyed it.
    3. Personally, I liked Jorge. I miss him.
    4. Yes, it is cliquey for outsiders. I could post something and see it ignored. {I dunno - Feo not squaring it in the 80th min} A couple of posts later, one of the in crowd would say exactly the same thing and it gets ten replies in ten mins. Am I really gonna join that thread when those ten people have made it clear that they will only discuss said Feo ****up with their mates, not with me?
    5. Though since the board's died, I now to get replies. I've had more replies in the last 2 months than I have all century. Perhaps the in crowd should have treated the many other like me as they now do as opposed to ignoring us all until there were only half a dozen people left.
    6. Yes the AW/Septic owner disaster is to blame. Everyone's depressed by it. cf that eternally optimistic paddy blogger. Even he's now saying what I've been moaning about the yank ****ing the club. If we'd bought a worldie this summer there would be more traffic. I reckon we know this season is over all ready and that this may be the end - it's certainly not gonna be 1998-2006 again for a while.
    7. Thread hijacks. Even now, when I do get replies, I'll post. {Unfortunately, as as lurker who never used to get any replies, I still often forget to check to see if anyone has responded.} Now I do, eg half an hour after my post, I'll have say 10 replies. {10 more than I used to get, I admit.} First 3 will be about the subject and then it's 2 people talking about what wine goes with what they're eating that night. No point in me joining in - I like food and wine, but it's clear the thread is now for them, not me.
    8. I dunno much about social media - I don't use twitter or facebook etc - so I'm not the one to say if this is killing forums. All I do know is that last April, some mid-table team beat/drew with Sperz meaning their title bid was ****ed. WBA I think. I went to their forum {bit brown nosed, I admit} to say "well done lads, I saw you beat us 3-2 at ours a few years back but I don't begrudge you now cos you've ****ed up the Sperz. Respect" I had about 40 replies that night. And there were hundreds of other posts replies. Do they not have blogs and social media too?
    9. When I pointed that out here, someone said its cos all Arsenal fans have moved to commenting on blogs. So I went to Arseblog to see if this was true - yes hundreds of comments {called Arses} but nothing like the conversation you used to get here. Can't believe people have switched from here to Arseblog. It's not the same at all.
    10. So old people leaving and not being replaced has become a viscous circle. More leave, fewer join. Repeat ad infinitum. It feels cliquey to outsiders, the team is on a downward spiral, no PM, no nightshift, no treeview, thread hijacks, no replies but the same post will be replied to if made by one of the in crowd, many of the best posters going with no-one welcomed as a replacement, etc etc.

That's just the take of this lurker.

Hope it all works out cos I've enjoyed it, but I do reckon the club is in the worst place it could be. If we dropped to mid table we'd at least have some cup runs/ upsets to look forward to. A regular change over of players. But the yanks owner and AW going mad don't help.

But please tell me cos I was away. What did you lot do to Jorge?

Herbie's barely here anymore. LA may not have liked me much, but at least what he wrote was informative and insightful, and if I posted something intelligent he'd give me a respectful reply. But as a lefty, we needed Jorge to balance the arriviste Tories, and now he's gone political discussion is pointless. "I say, don't you agree that the '97 vintage is the best when eating roast pleb?" "Yes, old boy, but the '98 in the best for feminist tartare" "Your mum"

So anyway, in the unlikely event anyone will reply to me, what happened to J and can I at least PM him somehow to say cheerio?