Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yup. Nothing undemocratic about that there EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Top ****ing c, though our moose raping friend is no fool and will be feverishly trawling the internets, just as you did, until he finds a source that lends weight to his argument. Have your rebuttals and refutations ready!
    There's no coming back from that, h. He's like Danny Mills when Titi nutmegged him.

His only course of action now is to admit he's been royally ****ed with a little dignity.

Does he possess a little dignity, do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No quotes other than the, you know, quotes?

Funny how thew story was also reported by that bastion of anti-EU propaganda, The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ot-have-passed

As self-****ings go, you've excelled yourself here, old chap.

I’m afraid not, you should read both articles more carefully, Charles. The blogger says that MEPs were ‘tricked’ into voting one way and uses this as a justification for claiming that the EU is undemocratic.

The Guardian article does nothing of the kind. It describes MEP having voted incorrectly by accident and the EU taking the vote as official anyway.

As I said, if this is the best they can do...

There's no coming back from that, h. He's like Danny Mills when Titi nutmegged him.

His only course of action now is to admit he's been royally ****ed with a little dignity.

Does he possess a little dignity, do you think?
    Well I'm somewhat loathe to say anything unpleasant about him c as I understand he's a rather large unit and may bash me up

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I’m afraid not, you should read both articles more carefully, Charles. The blogger says that MEPs were ‘tricked’ into voting one way and uses this as a justification for claiming that the EU is undemocratic.

The Guardian article does nothing of the kind. It describes MEP having voted incorrectly by accident and the EU taking the vote as official anyway.

As I said, if this is the best they can do...
    The point of the story is that MEPs voted incorrectly, in numbers sufficient to change the result of the vote, had their incorrect votes 'corrected' in the record, but the result was not amended. Whether Guido's emotive language is justified or helpful (and I would tend to suggest it isn't) the facts remain as reported.

The organisation is undeniably corrupt, undemocratic and unaccountable. How you can draw any other conclusion mystifies me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    But 13 of them just admitted voting without thinking about it. Unless this right-wing blogger just made it up, of course.

Except oh, wait.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ot-have-passed

He got the story from that well-known swivel-eyed right wing newspaper The Guardian.
    No, 13 of them admitted they accidentally voted the wrong way. The bias in the original blog is the way he interpreted what had occurred and attributed it to the EU not being democratic. Something the Guardian did not do.

You’re reading what you want to read, Ash

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well I'm somewhat loathe to say anything unpleasant about him c as I understand he's a rather large unit and may bash me up
    He's all mouth and would drop his guts if confronted by an Englishman.

The point of the story is that MEPs voted incorrectly, in numbers sufficient to change the result of the vote, had their incorrect votes 'corrected' in the record, but the result was not amended. Whether Guido's emotive language is justified or helpful (and I would tend to suggest it isn't) the facts remain as reported.

The organisation is undeniably corrupt, undemocratic and unaccountable. How you can draw any other conclusion mystifies me.

I have no strong view on how democratic the EU is or is not other than that I don’t agree that it is not at all democratic. And this example proves nothing in that regard.

Also, you almost got it correct. Had the MEPs voted as they wished amendments would have been allowed but there was no guarantee that they then would have been voted for.

He's all mouth and would drop his guts if confronted by an Englishman.
    I seem to have trouble standing my ground since I became a woman c.

And one more thing - do you not find it surprising that Germans, French, Spanish and 24 other countries can accept being governed (at some level) by a corrupt, undemocratic and unaccountable body? They’re pretty intelligent, educated people you know. And before you drop the ‘yes, but we’re English’ line you might want to consider that 49% of Brits we’re happy with that situation as well.

It’s almost as though it might not be true

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    And one more thing - do you not find it surprising that Germans, French, Spanish and 24 other countries can accept being governed (at some level) by a corrupt, undemocratic and unaccountable body? They’re pretty intelligent, educated people you know. And before you drop the ‘yes, but we’re English’ line you might want to consider that 49% of Brits we’re happy with that situation as well.

It’s almost as though it might not be true
    You don't see a growing body of anti-EU sentiment thorughout member states? Really? You haven't noticed that?

Weird flex but OK.