Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jesus fvcking Christ! What is fvcking wrong with this country?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Even if it does, it won't be the same without Rick Parfitt
    What does Francis Rossi find to do with himself these days? Does he just headbang on his own?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The actual Commissioner of the Met tried to set her 'Hate crime' unit on Boris for mildly taking the p1ss out of how some people dress. Have a fvcking think about that for a fvcking second.

We are totally fvcked, aren't we?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ed-hate-crime/

Modern attention seeking at its "finest"
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I would say that these things (and, of course - y'know -Brexit) are obviously symptomatic of a wider desire for political change and a radical restructuring of the existing order, yes. The status quo ante is no longer an option. Boris's popularity in the tory party membership and Corbyn's in Labour's would seem obvious symptoms of that fact to me, but clearly you think this is just a blip.

You strike me as a man determined to imagine the status quo ante is going to return any minute if you just keep ignoring all this turmoil. I don't think it's going to happen, mate.
    I think Corbyn is a blip, what Cameron did was incredibly stupid (from a political perspective, I mean) and the Tories are as incompetent as I can ever remember. Not sure I see a dissatisfaction with traditional politics in there anywhere. Jaysus, was there ever a time when you couldn't find bucket loads of people who would tell you they hated politicians and politics?

Brexit is an interesting one. You think the over 55s who voted overwhelmingly for it are tired of traditional politics but the 55 and unders who voted to Remain are quite happy with it?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I think Corbyn is a blip, what Cameron did was incredibly stupid (from a political perspective, I mean) and the Tories are as incompetent as I can ever remember. Not sure I see a dissatisfaction with traditional politics in there anywhere. Jaysus, was there ever a time when you couldn't find bucket loads of people who would tell you they hated politicians and politics?

Brexit is an interesting one. You think the over 55s who voted overwhelmingly for it are tired of traditional politics but the 55 and unders who voted to Remain are quite happy with it?
    I think those are very simplistic ways to interpret the votes. Just because a majority in a given group voted one way, that doesn't mean they all did. If only over-55s had voted to Leave, Leave would have lost. However, there was a critical mass of voters in other groups that meant we voted overall for a huge change. These things aren't always about majorities - they often just require that critical mass.

What Cameron did was forced on him by a groundswell of anti-EU sentiment that threatened to topple the Tory government. Calling his actions 'stupid' ignores the fact that he really didn't have any political choice other than to offer a referendum or lose an election. Equally, there was sufficient of a movement for change in the Labour Party to elect Corbyn that (however much I may disagree with them) again speaks of a much wider phenomenon. Equally, while I agree the current Tory government is incompetent, a large part of that has been forced on them by the vote for Brexit.

To be quite honest, I simply don't see how you can look at the last few years and NOT perceive a groundswell of discontent that has changed things hugely.

He regularly receives death threats from his chums in the 'religion of peace', of course.

They love a death threat, do the muzzies. Indeed, they love a death.

You are using the term mussie is it?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    You are using the term mussie is it?
    Well I like to ring the changes

:sigh: No, it wouldn’t have provoked the same reaction.

The whole point of the mocking comments was that they were the bait. He was relying on his opponents being stupid enough to seize upon them, thinking it could be a way to stop him. Instead, they’ve put themselves at odds with the membership and public, turned Boris into the de facto champion of the grassroots and made themselves look like PC, multi-culti, Islam-loving opportunists into the bargain. And all just before Conference.

The best thing about Boris’s plan is that it relied on Number 10’s endless capacity to do the wrong thing in any given situation- which it duly has.

Oh, and the Corbyn comparison is nonsense. Corbyn has a track record of anti-semitism as long as your arm, so of course such comments would be seen as antisemitic. No such history or context exists with Boris and muslims.
    No. He's generally had a go at other darkies - piccaninnies with watermelon smiles or whatever.

So he does have a track record of racism, just like Jez does of anti-sem.

Pair of cünts, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's not fat, his chest has just slipped a bit.

Was it Imam Tawhidi? He's excellent, that bloke, but if he were white he'd be described as virulently Islamophobic.
    Imam Dr Taj Hargey or something, C. Excellent letter. As a multi-cult lefty, I agree 100%. {And I think India should annex back our homeland so am not that well disposed to the 'Stani flavour of Muzzie. Though Kashmir should remain free as it was never part of British India. Both Ind and Pak should get out.}

Sir, Boris Johnson should not apologise for telling the truth. His evocative analogy is unfortunate but he is justified in reminding everyone that the Wahhabi/Salafi-inspired fad of female facial masking has no Koranic legitimacy. It is, however, a nefarious component of a trendy gateway theology for religious extremism and militant Islam.

The burka and niqab are hideous tribal ninja-like garments that are pre-Islamic, non-Koranic and therefore un-Muslim. Although this deliberate identity-concealing contraption is banned at the Kaaba in Mecca it is permitted in Britain, thus precipitating security risks, accelerating vitamin D deficiency, endorsing gender-inequality and inhibiting community cohesion.

The retrogressive Islamic clergy has succeeded in persuading ill-informed Muslims through suspect secondary sources that God wants women to cover their faces, when in reality it is a toxic patriarchy controlling women. Is it any wonder that many younger women have internalised this poisonous chauvinism by asserting that it is their human right to hide their faces? Johnson did not go far enough. If Britain is to become a fully integrated society then it is incumbent that cultural practices, personal preferences and communal customs that aggravate social division should be firmly resisted. For this reason Britain must emulate France, Belgium, Austria, Bulgaria and Denmark in banning the burka.
    Dr Taj Hargey
    Imam, Oxford Islamic Congregation

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    No. He's generally had a go at other darkies - piccaninnies with watermelon smiles or whatever.

So he does have a track record of racism, just like Jez does of anti-sem.

Pair of cünts, imo.
    That quote is taken out of context. In fact it was written to mock the neo-colonial behaviour and expectations of Tony Blair when undertaking a progress to Africa. The use of such anachronistic language and imagery was entirely deliberate and made perfect sense in that context.

I realise context is of no interest to people these days just as long as they get to scream 'RACISM!', but I thought I'd mention it.

No. 'We' didn't see 'a couple of attacks after Brexit'. There were attacks the media and the left ascribed to Brexit at the time that subsequently turned out to have nothing to do with Brexit.
    No. There was one of a Pole that had nothing to do with it, despite what was claimed at the time.

But there were other, less serious incidents, which were Brexit related. Screaming "Go home because we voted out" at some swarthy type had nothing to do with Brexit then?

Do you remember the old days, B? Before the internet? When people like you and me could meet in a pub or student common room, and have an intelligent discussion despite our political differences without the need to try and make stuff up to religiously defend our side of the argument? When people could admit they saw the other person's point? What happened to those days, eh?