Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Yup. Nothing undemocratic about that there EU.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Aye up, yer racist...the North is alright. A bit cold and damp, but alright.

Apart from the Liverpooly bit.

Mushy peas? Chips and gravy. Proper bitter beer?
    They have cheesy chips as well, don't they? And the parmo. Don't forget these people made a cult of the parmo!

Clever *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They have cheesy chips as well, don't they? And the parmo. Don't forget these people made a cult of the parmo!

Clever *******s.
    And the holy grail - the Greggs Steak Bake...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Blimey. The only groups about whom it is safe to generalise are Americans (including Canadians) and Australians (including New Zealanders). In all other cases people should be treated and judged as individuals.
    Nah, my first gf and one of my glw's best mates are Canadians. Completely different kettle of fish to a Septic. Think war of 1812 and who was on who's side.

Ditto Kiwis aren't Convicts. I'm not that bothered if the All Blacks beat us. But the Ashes is life or death.

So in fact, the only four groups we're allowed to generalise about are Convicts, Septics, Chinks (for the invasion of Tibet) and 'Stanis (for obvious reasons.). Oh, and Northerners, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Then you’re a bigoted arse.

I know and love many northerners - indeed I’m married to one. I also love France and have very positive feelings about the French. Although their political, cultural, media and academic class are the very worst kind of scum - even worse than ours, which is going it some.
    You're married to one? Poor lass, you took what you could get you animal husbanderer. You swooped in and offered her candy, she said yes to that and to all your other smarmy offers. :shudder:

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    You're married to one? Poor lass, you took what you could get you animal husbanderer. You swooped in and offered her candy, she said yes to that and to all your other smarmy offers. :shudder:
    Mate, you have to pay people to have sex with you

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mate, you have to pay people to have sex with you
    Keeps it simple my man

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Nah, my first gf and one of my glw's best mates are Canadians. Completely different kettle of fish to a Septic. Think war of 1812 and who was on who's side.

Ditto Kiwis aren't Convicts. I'm not that bothered if the All Blacks beat us. But the Ashes is life or death.

So in fact, the only four groups we're allowed to generalise about are Convicts, Septics, Chinks (for the invasion of Tibet) and 'Stanis (for obvious reasons.). Oh, and Northerners, of course.
    Why do you give a stuff about Tibet? Thon death-cheating wossname is a bit of a fascist anyway, ISTR.

And if you've lived in this country and not been to the lake district you're a mug.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Why do you give a stuff about Tibet? Thon death-cheating wossname is a bit of a fascist anyway, ISTR.

And if you've lived in this country and not been to the lake district you're a mug.
    Eskdale in May

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

HHDL isn't a fascist in the slightest. I saw him stop the monsoon at the Kalachakra in Jispa in '94. And the glw filmed an audience he gave to her mate with a charity up there.*

When you see Indian Tibet, you realise how Tibet would be without the Chinks. The most beautiful culture on the planet. No poverty or inequality. Only place I've been where everyone's smiling all the time.

I have no idea why the left spreads lies about Tibet - I think they don't like religions as they're the opium of the masses or whatever.

But anyone who's ever been to Indian Tibet, Dharamsala where the govt in exile is, or even Delhi's Tibetan Colony in Majnu-ka Tila will tell you they are the nicest people on the planet.

I did go to the Lake District once. Not a patch on the Himalayas or the Amazon and involves far too much walking.

*HHDL has a little helper who wires him up with the radio mic etc. After she'd finished packing the stuff away, the helper goes "Perhaps you would like this?" And gave her a digital photo he took behind my glw. So you can see her gorgeous arse, as she's hunched over her camera and tripod, looking the consumate professional, Joan, her mate with the charity, has this look of rapt awe, while HHDL has his laughing hamster cheeks, spreading love.

When she showed me and told me the story, she said "It's so considerate of him, isn't it?"

To which I replied: "Well, his boss is the Bodhisattva of Compassion, so I reckon being incredibly considerate is part of the hob decsription."

And yes, I really did see him stop the monsoon.

I was trying to get from Ledakh (Indian Tibet) to Manali (to smoke lots of puff) but the bus stopped about half an hour from the change-over point. There had been a landslide, people had died, so the road was closed.

Spent a night at the truck stop and found out the next morning that there wouldn't be any busses until that night or tomorrow and that HHDL was down the road doing the Kalachakra - a week long ceremony for the final initiation into the priesthood for all the trainee monks in S. Asia.

There are 10k monks all smiling and laughing, and maybe 100 Gora hippies all looking at each other to see who has the straightest back.

We sit in the rain for half an hour. Then he walks out of his little hut, along a wooden walk-way up to the mic.

He looks at us. Looks up at the rain. Looks back at us and shakes his head.

He looks back up at the rain. As he stares at it, it slows to a drizzle, then stops, and then a tiny hole parts in the cloud, and the sun shines through directly down onto him.

He turns to the monks and gives a hand sign which they do back to him.

"Now I can start", he says.

Eskdale in May
    Good man. Brothers Water and Legburthwaite (Thirlmere) in May for us.