Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
He had another really good game. Wish he had finished the earlier chance because I think he was onside.

The whole argument about sending him off for diving is some serious straw clutching. Even if you accept that it was a blatant dive (and ignore the slight contact) referees rarely send someone off for diving and they would have to be 100% sure, which was impossible.

If you want to take a literal interpretation of the rules, well... four Brentford players surrounded the ref appealing for him to be sent off. You can't do that, that is four yellow cards. Two of them waved imaginary cards- you can't do that, that is two yellow cards. One of them, Onyeka I think, was already on a yellow, so that is a red. As we are applying the rules ruthlessly you would also have given the penalty on Trossard and booked that guy.... etc etc etc

The amount of bookings they could have had for time wasting as well......

Interesting that they made every effort to block Ramsdale from taking quick throws. It amazes me other teams haven't being doing this.
Yes Rammers ballsed up but they were 2x top drawer saves in the 2nd half, the Toney one (some effort that) especially.