Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nantes have begun legal action against Cardiff City demanding first payments for Sala

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They simply do not have the option of walking away from a £15 million asset.
    I believe Cardiff's contract rests upon a final fitness test and a first match played, both hurdles the lad may now struggle to pass and they too must protect their business interests.

Nantes are simply trying to embarrass Cardiff into quietly coughing up without a fuss. They clearly don't know welshers c.

That’s nothing to do with football, it’s simply business and, more importantly, the law. The directors of Nantes have, I assume, the same legal responsibilities as directors of a company in the UK; that is to say, a requirement to act in the best interests of the company. They simply do not have the option of walking away from a £15 million asset.
    The thing is though, Rich, is that this kind of cold, cruel, corporate logic doesn't exactly endear people who have a soul to the wonders of free market economics.

That’s nothing to do with football, it’s simply business and, more importantly, the law. The directors of Nantes have, I assume, the same legal responsibilities as directors of a company in the UK; that is to say, a requirement to act in the best interests of the company. They simply do not have the option of walking away from a £15 million asset.
    Nobody is asking anyone to walk away from anything. But you don't think that maybe - just maybe - this sort of thing could have waited until they'd at least finished scraping what's left of the poor cùnt off the bottom of the English Channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The thing is though, Rich, is that this kind of cold, cruel, corporate logic doesn't exactly endear people who have a soul to the wonders of free market economics.
    That's the free market economics which, by deploying clear, clinical rules, has lifted a vast portion of the world's population outr of poverty and brought unimaginable wealth and comfort to those of us lucky to live under its auspices in the west?

Sorry for your hurty feelz but my cold corporate logic is delivering nutrition and healthcare to African children.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nobody is asking anyone to walk away from anything. But you don't think that maybe - just maybe - this sort of thing could have waited until they'd at least finished scraping what's left of the poor cùnt off the bottom of the English Channel?
    Certainly the timing might be considered indelicate.

Accountants and lawyers don't tend to give much of a fúck for delicacy.

Anyway, the poor ****'s dead. He doesn't care.

Sorry for your hurty feelz but my cold corporate logic is delivering nutrition and healthcare to African children.
    Oh shut the feck up you old goat. 95% of the world's population i.e. the Third World lives in abject penury

Certainly the timing might be considered indelicate.

Accountants and lawyers don't tend to give much of a fúck for delicacy.

Anyway, the poor ****'s dead. He doesn't care.
    I won't hear a word against accountants. Mine is performing some sort of wizardly juju that means I won't have to pay a single fùcking penny of tax on a six-figure sum. He has therefore joined my pantheon alongside Arsene Wenger, Jesus and Geoffrey Boycott.

Lawyers, on the other hand, are cùnts and can fùck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Oh shut the feck up you old goat. 95% of the world's population i.e. the Third World lives in abject penury
    Your data is 30 years out of date, and even then was drawn from the Daily Mirror.

Now get back to work. Those shítholes won't unblock themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I won't hear a word against accountants. Mine is performing some sort of wizardly juju that means I won't have to pay a single fùcking penny of tax on a six-figure sum. He has therefore joined my pantheon alongside Arsene Wenger, Jesus and Geoffrey Boycott.

Lawyers, on the other hand, are cùnts and can fùck off.
    Lend us a tenner.

My guess is Cardiff's lawyers think they have a good chance of declaring the contract void and the club are currently weighing up the saving versus negative publicity.