Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'd forgotten that, when Her Majesty met McGuinness, he asked how she was and

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Respect, for sure. I would like to think I would treat any old lady of her age with respect and courtesy.

Bow? Have a word with yourself.
    A bow is a customary sign of respect afforded a monarch. 'Have a word with yourself' is no argument against the maintenance of tradition and politeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A bow is a customary sign of respect afforded a monarch. 'Have a word with yourself' is no argument against the maintenance of tradition and politeness.
    I would be the embodiment of politeness. Bowing just seems a little silly, she is nothing superior to or better than me.

I would be the embodiment of politeness. Bowing just seems a little silly, she is nothing superior to or better than me.
    She is inestimably superior to you in every way, obviously, being English, but that's irrelevant. She's superior to even English people, what with her being THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND FOR FÚCK'S SAKE.

Right. How many banknotes are you on, sw? Hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Right. How many banknotes are you on, sw? Hmmm?
    His DNA's on 26 million Northern Bank ones *

*allegedly

What about scraping? Should one scrape also? It seems that the two go together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What about scraping? Should one scrape also? It seems that the two go together.
    I don't really know what scraping is, a, but if Her Majesty requires it, I should be delighted to scrape away.

I don't really know what scraping is, a, but if Her Majesty requires it, I should be delighted to scrape away.
    I see. What about when she dies? I mean after the wailing and gnashing of teeth which will accompany her sad passing - and that son of hers who is considerably less popular gets to finally have a go? (And I don't for a moment believe that he will not take it up as some hope). Will you love him as much?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I see. What about when she dies? I mean after the wailing and gnashing of teeth which will accompany her sad passing - and that son of hers who is considerably less popular gets to finally have a go? (And I don't for a moment believe that he will not take it up as some hope). Will you love him as much?
    Unfortunately, he's been around long enough for us to form an opinion on the fellow separate to his status as heir. Not that that's insurmountable, of course. Edward VII was widely disliked, but turned out to be a half-decent King.

But the problem with Charles is that he's bright enough to have views on things, but not bright enough to have good ones or at the very least to keep the bloody things to himself. I will honour him as my liege Lord and Sovereign, of course, but will separate that from his person.

Is scraping the thing you do with your hand?