Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When can we start talking about the Grenfell survivors with the same contempt as the

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    That is without doubt, the dumbest advice ever given
    It's the usual advice for tower blocks.... makes it easier for firefighters to do their work and fires don't spread like that one did.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    It's the usual advice for tower blocks.... makes it easier for firefighters to do their work and fires don't spread like that one did.
    I'd ignore it completely, get out, look up and decide for myself

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'd ignore it completely, get out, look up and decide for myself
    It is quite hard to imagine anyone NOT ignoring it, isnt it.

Building is on fire, sit there like a ****ing chump waiting to burn to death.

*******s to that- Run like ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is quite hard to imagine anyone NOT ignoring it, isnt it.

Building is on fire, sit there like a ****ing chump waiting to burn to death.

*******s to that- Run like ****!
    Which is why the advice is to stay put..... everyone heading down 1 staircase stops the firefighters getting up the stairs to the people who might require urgent help. But as you say, instinct is to get the hell out

Which is why the advice is to stay put..... everyone heading down 1 staircase stops the firefighters getting up the stairs to the people who might require urgent help. But as you say, instinct is to get the hell out
    Isn't that what the stairwells are mainly for? Getting the fúck out in the event of a fire.

Once everyone who can get out by their own means are out send the fire and rescue teams in to get the others out.

The same fire and rescue team who can stick their 'stay' advice up their collective arses.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

So if you all run out of the building the firemen wont be able to get upstairs to drag you out?

I would argue they wont need to

I do accept they know what they are doing (apart from in this case) and that their advice is probably sound (apart from in this case) but I would still leg it and fancy my chances of getting out alive in the belief that the people staying will burn to death- as they did in this case.

Trust your instincts and run like ****.

I hope this tube driver is investigated for breaking service.

and fires don't spread like that one did.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    ??????? I said spread, the GT fire spread at a rate that just doesn't happen under normal circumstances... the Dubai one was nothing like that one, nowhere near the intensity and was contained on one side of the building

??????? I said spread, the GT fire spread at a rate that just doesn't happen under normal circumstances... the Dubai one was nothing like that one, nowhere near the intensity and was contained on one side of the building
    The Dubai one spread. It had a sophisticated fire fighting system.

I'd have still got (or at least tried to get) the fúck out despite what a Fireperson said.