Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: How much money do you reckon we could get back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Most games lost, most goal against, lowest finish (likely), stadium 3/4 full at best, no away points in 2018...... should be sacked imo
    Probably our lowest points total since 94/95. We're now as **** as before he got here.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Probably our lowest points total since 94/95. We're now as **** as before he got here.
    THis is the worst arsenal side since the year they sacked Graham. THat side reached a european final.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    THis is the worst arsenal side since the year they sacked Graham. THat side reached a european final.....
    Not sure it is any worse than some of the early Emirates teams in the periods post Henry.

We had some fúcking corkers playing for us in that time but arguably the overall standard of the PL was lower which allowed us to make top 4.

There are some excellent footballers in the current team, the issue is the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not sure it is any worse than some of the early Emirates teams in the periods post Henry.

We had some fúcking corkers playing for us in that time but arguably the overall standard of the PL was lower which allowed us to make top 4.

There are some excellent footballers in the current team, the issue is the manager.
    He had an handy excuse of Chelsea being big spenders
    'we can't compete' and we just moved stadium.

Though those squads still played exciting football. The whole period where we had the likes of Arteta (I like him) Squlliaci, Jenkinson, Frimpong, I didn't like at all.

we were not that great last season at Highbury either to be honest except our decent CL run.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    He had an handy excuse of Chelsea being big spenders
    'we can't compete' and we just moved stadium.

Though those squads still played exciting football. The whole period where we had the likes of Arteta (I like him) Squlliaci, Jenkinson, Frimpong, I didn't like at all.

we were not that great last season at Highbury either to be honest except our decent CL run.
    Those teams had smashing individuals such as Fabregas and van Persie but some of the others around them should never have been allowed to play for Arsenal such as those you name.

The current side also has smashing individuals, more I would argue, but perhaps a manager who doesn't appear to be able to get the most from their assorted talents.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Those teams had smashing individuals such as Fabregas and van Persie but some of the others around them should never have been allowed to play for Arsenal such as those you name.

The current side also has smashing individuals, more I would argue, but perhaps a manager who doesn't appear to be able to get the most from their assorted talents.
    Does he stay in the summer or does he go, SW?

Furthermore, my preferred replacement would be Massimo Allegri.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Does he stay in the summer or does he go, SW?

Furthermore, my preferred replacement would be Massimo Allegri.
    Win the EL and he stays, or he might go in a blaze of secondary glory.

No idea.

I would honestly doubt MA is going to leave Juventus for a club that is not even in the CL so while EL success may work in your favour here I also suspect it would be the catalyst for further Wenger.