Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The whole club is currently a shambles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was quite surprised with the squard choice yesterday.

To be fair I do feel we've been ****ed over on penalties quite a lot in the last few games. But the players don't seem to give a ****.

Every single match seems the same. We pass it about a bit the other team break and look dangerous.
    Very odd. The competition which saved his job last year, and he puts out a team of absolute nobodies

I wasn't even that hurt/bothered. I expected we'd lose. Although by nature I want us to win every game, a part of me wants this season to go from bad to worse so we finally see the end of the Wenger regime

Quote Originally Posted by The Rob2 View Post
    Very odd. The competition which saved his job last year, and he puts out a team of absolute nobodies

I wasn't even that hurt/bothered. I expected we'd lose. Although by nature I want us to win every game, a part of me wants this season to go from bad to worse so we finally see the end of the Wenger regime
    Doesn't matter if he goes, Rob. There is no money available so a replacement will likely do even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Doesn't matter if he goes, Rob. There is no money available so a replacement will likely do even worse.
    Where the hell do you get the "no money available" from??? Accounts show there is, matchday revenue shows there is.

You come out with stupid throwaway comments and then wonder why people think you are a dick Dick
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Where the hell do you get the "no money available" from??? Accounts show there is, matchday revenue shows there is.

You come out with stupid throwaway comments and then wonder why people think you are a dick Dick
    Nothing stupid about it, imo. "No money available" simply means "nowhere near as much money to spend on players as Manchester City or PSG. Or even Real Madrid and Chelsea."
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Nothing stupid about it, imo. "No money available" simply means "nowhere near as much money to spend on players as Manchester City or PSG. Or even Real Madrid and Chelsea."
    Strange we bid £90m for Lemar in the summer then
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Precisely. With money that wasn't actually available.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

That offer as you know was predicated on the fact that City were giving us 60m for the “contract rebel Chilean”.

Now if you go back to the financial accounts you could argue that they suggest such expenditure is possible without the incoming fee however it all boils down to our willingness to spend, not ability. An issue we are all extremely familiar with by now.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    That offer as you know was predicated on the fact that City were giving us 60m for the “contract rebel Chilean”.

Now if you go back to the financial accounts you could argue that they suggest such expenditure is possible without the incoming fee however it all boils down to our willingness to spend, not ability. An issue we are all extremely familiar with by now.
    The question is whether it is the board that are unwilling to spend or the manager. I would suggest that Wenger has less control over these things now & so the likely reason is that the board wish to run the club with a large cash reserve. Perhaps to insure against a period where the club won’t be in the top 4 for a while. Austerity, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    There are no managers better than Wenger? Okay then mate. Deluded.

Also we had 100m in the bank in May and made a profit in the transfer window...no money? Also plenty of deadweight still to sell. Can you give me a reasoned response next time Rich?