Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Weird experience watching Real v PSG last night

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I concur but then 2 of the 3 you have named are stellar talents the world does not often see and who we are fortunate to have seen in the flesh, as such.

Ronaldo is not bad either. Boom boom.

I suspect the Brazilian is permanently playing with a chip on his shoulder, he is not the acclaimed world number 1 that the above duo have argued over for years, his move to PSG was I suspect the result of pure greed and bad professional advice and he really needs to deliver the WC this summer to be viewed in his homeland in the same way as the many fabulous talents that have gone before him

Personally speaking I would rather have a Kevin de Bruyne strutting his stuff in N5 instead of Neymar Jnr, I haven’t watched him once this season and came away with anything resembling dislike and quite often it is simply awe.
    De Bruyne is the best footballer I have seen this year. Salah and Kane slightly behind.

And two of those three were sold by Jose 'greatest manager in the history of the game ever ever ever' Mourinho.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    De Bruyne is the best footballer I have seen this year. Salah and Kane slightly behind.

And two of those three were sold by Jose 'greatest manager in the history of the game ever ever ever' Mourinho.
    Far be it from me to defend Mourinho but it took de Bruyne quite some time to "get it". It was about halfway through a season with Wolfsburg when he suddenly realised he could pass the ball rather than just hog it and shoot all the time, since which time he has developed into one of the best five players in the world. Given the generally cretinous nature of football fans - without going all Full Monty, no one wants that - he simply wouldn't have been afforded the patience at a "big" club to work out his weaknesses, hence I can understand Mourinho's reluctance/lack of patience

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Kane is not what I would describe as a tremendous footballer. Nor is he anywhere close to being as good as De Bruyne. He's exceptional at what he does well but not a lot else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Kane is not what I would describe as a tremendous footballer. Nor is he anywhere close to being as good as De Bruyne. He's exceptional at what he does well but not a lot else.
    What he does is score goals by the bucketload and wins matches - kind of a big ****ing part of the game, not sure what else you expect from him. He has also improved hugely nearly every aspect of his game since he broke into Spurs side - the ****. Him not you - for once