Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My sister's voting Labour - not a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Because he isn't, and it is cheap sloganeering to pretend that he is. Ancient sympathies with the cause of Irish Republicanism is irrelevant to the threats of today. Whereas cosying up to Saudi Arabia and supporting terrorists overseas in obedience to the regime-change policies of the USA is more cause for concern. We need voter pressure against such policies imo.
    You realise that the IRA were killing British soldiers and civilians, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    She's not thick, but politically unengaged.

She is, however, as tight as a nun's chuff, so I'm gonna play the tax card on her as a final effort.
    Will her vote matter? I mean, I could vote Labour and it would make no difference at all; last time, they came second, about 45% behind.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    She's not thick, but politically unengaged.

She is, however, as tight as a nun's chuff, so I'm gonna play the tax card on her as a final effort.
    Like myself. I tried to get into it and in my typical selfish fashion the key issues are not wons that seem to really effect me.
    I am in a weird position of not being the poorest or poor but far from well off. This affordable housing stuff is not really something I would be eligible for. I don't have an opinion on minimum wage or benefits,

I don't have kids so school issues I don't really get into, NHS stuff doesn't interest me though maybe it could at any point. I just want more money in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Like myself. I tried to get into it and in my typical selfish fashion the key issues are not wons that seem to really effect me.
    I am in a weird position of not being the poorest or poor but far from well off. This affordable housing stuff is not really something I would be eligible for. I don't have an opinion on minimum wage or benefits,

I don't have kids so school issues I don't really get into, NHS stuff doesn't interest me though maybe it could at any point. I just want more money in my pocket.
    I blame the parents; they're the cause of all this
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Well surely people should vote on the things that effect them most there will be alot of people who don't earn much, might have kids at school etc, they will vote on the policy that might increase their wages most and who will give them free school meals.... not really a shock imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well surely people should vote on the things that effect them most there will be alot of people who don't earn much, might have kids at school etc, they will vote on the policy that might increase their wages most and who will give them free school meals.... not really a shock imo
    and when I received the Labour leaflet through the door none of main points mentioned really effected me currently.

and when I received the Labour leaflet through the door none of main points mentioned really effected me currently.
    Hang on, though, f, because Caitlyn Moran's got some thoughts on how you ought to vote:

https://twitter.com/caitlinmoran/sta...98767487676416

Will these people never learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hang on, though, f, because Caitlyn Moran's got some thoughts on how you ought to vote:

https://twitter.com/caitlinmoran/sta...98767487676416

Will these people never learn?
    This is what pisses me off the most. It was the same about brexit. These are the same people who demand fairness and democracy. But only if it goes their way it's cleverly designed to suggest if you don't agree with them you are either, sexist, racist, or now just a simple cund. They need to take a look at themselves and despite what they believe they are not the majority.

This is what pisses me off the most. It was the same about brexit. These are the same people who demand fairness and democracy. But only if it goes their way it's cleverly designed to suggest if you don't agree with them you are either, sexist, racist, or now just a simple cund. They need to take a look at themselves and despite what they believe they are not the majority.
    They consider themselves to be a new aristocracy, f. They feel nothing except the most profound contempt for anyone who dares to dissent from their wishes. And that contempt is, at root, predicated on a visceral class hatred for those whose views, education, geographical location or income they feel puts them beneath their exalted status.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They consider themselves to be a new aristocracy, f. They feel nothing except the most profound contempt for anyone who dares to dissent from their wishes. And that contempt is, at root, predicated on a visceral class hatred for those whose views, education, geographical location or income they feel puts them beneath their exalted status.
    I was also thinking if Labour are so amazing why did everything go tits up last time they were in power?

Then I see Jorge online going mental about everything. I don't have space in my life to get stressed about all these things. Don't want it!