Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Not even I would play Ozil as a wing back in my Team of the Week. Garth Crooks knows

Not even I would play Ozil as a wing back in my Team of the Week. Garth Crooks knows

less about footy than me. Touch.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2018/01...it-criticised/

And he's got Nacho on the left side of a back 3 when he played superbly as a normal LB.

And he's got Willian as the other wing back. I thought he was an attacking type.

So Garth Crooks has just stuck all the forwards into his team of the week. That's the sort of thing you do when you're a kid. Like playing Bergy next to Brady in a 2-man MF so you can have Titi and Wrighty up front and playing Santi at fullback. {Though didn't Spain actually do that one game?}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    less about footy than me. Touch.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2018/01...it-criticised/

And he's got Nacho on the left side of a back 3 when he played superbly as a normal LB.

And he's got Willian as the other wing back. I thought he was an attacking type.

So Garth Crooks has just stuck all the forwards into his team of the week. That's the sort of thing you do when you're a kid. Like playing Bergy next to Brady in a 2-man MF so you can have Titi and Wrighty up front and playing Santi at fullback. {Though didn't Spain actually do that one game?}
    So glad we went back to a back 4

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    So glad we went back to a back 4
    with a proper full back and everything

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    with a proper full back and everything
    I know Hector has scored a couple recently, but he looks so much better at FB than WB, where his attacking ability is a nice Brucey Bonus as opposed to being what he's meant to do all the time.

Ditto Nacho.

What worries me is why he brought on AMN for Nacho. I really hope AMN comes good, but he gets skinned at FB too regularly. Not his fault being told to learn a new position when making your debut, but why no Kola?

AMN almost cost us a goal when he played the ball passed Mo to their attacker just outside the D.

We're spending 150k p/w on Kola, and yet he's now behind an inexperienced, right-footed DM. I thought he'd played FB in Germany until the last season and was highly rated there.

If he's low on confidence, then bring him on for 60 mins when we're 4-0 up.

He seemed ok defensively to me this season, and he combined well with Alexis, so he should be able to mix it with Ozil and Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    We're spending 150k p/w on Kola, and yet he's now behind an inexperienced, right-footed DM. I thought he'd played FB in Germany until the last season and was highly rated there.

If he's low on confidence, then bring him on for 60 mins when we're 4-0 up.

He seemed ok defensively to me this season, and he combined well with Alexis, so he should be able to mix it with Ozil and Jack.
    There's a thread on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    There's a thread on this.
    Ah, ok. Found it. Cheers, Ash.