Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Does anyone understand the physics of why a ball swings like that?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I thought I got how a football moved depdening on which part of the foot you hit it with.

But I don't get why a ball starts off being an inswinger, changes its mind mid-flightand ends up an outswinger.

And this is happening far more regularly nowadays.
    They've been purposely making footballs all light and unpredictable for years now, normally bringing a new more ****e one out before each WC. They remind me of the 99p ones you'd buy down the coast for a kick about before toe punting the **** in the sea before going home.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    They've been purposely making footballs all light and unpredictable for years now, normally bringing a new more ****e one out before each WC. They remind me of the 99p ones you'd buy down the coast for a kick about before toe punting the **** in the sea before going home.
    Balls have had to be between 14oz and 16oz (at the start of the match) for years, baz
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Balls have had to be between 14oz and 16oz (at the start of the match) for years, baz
    Balls! Must be the material then, plus some devious gloss coating imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    https://twitter.com/Lostfootballs