Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Not being funny, but I bet if you asked that Syrian kid if he'd rather

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I have just hired a Mustang GT for my trip down the Florida Keys next year. 5.0 V8
    Ooh a Yanqui 5 litre! That's be almost 100 bhp then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ooh a Yanqui 5 litre! That's be almost 100 bhp then.
    They are about 320 horses, sc

Pffft. The Japs get way more than that out of a 2l pot
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    They are about 320 horses, sc

Pffft. The Japs get way more than that out of a 2l pot
    Sigh. You are both missing the point. It's all about how the power is delivered. I assume a Mustang delivers it with a deep bellow when you plant your right foot.

Not that I'd have one, tbh. My old C63 AMG did all of that which actually becomes rather hard to live with. That and having to replace the tyres every 6000-8000 miles.

Sigh. You are both missing the point. It's all about how the power is delivered. I assume a Mustang delivers it with a deep bellow when you plant your right foot.

Not that I'd have one, tbh. My old C63 AMG did all of that which actually becomes rather hard to live with. That and having to replace the tyres every 6000-8000 miles.
    It does sound ok then delivers you to 60 in a relativelysedentary 5 seconds.

Hang on.

You don't buy a powerful car and then moan that it is 'rather hard to live with'

That's the whole fúcking point of them.

And why you also have a rather sensible diesel to do the mundane stuff in.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It does sound ok then delivers you to 60 in a relativelysedentary 5 seconds.

Hang on.

You don't buy a powerful car and then moan that it is 'rather hard to live with'

That's the whole fúcking point of them.

And why you also have a rather sensible diesel to do the mundane stuff in.
    Well when I bought my Merc I was hoping that it could be both an everyday car and also something to have some fun in. Fun it was... But the drone from the exhaust on long motorway runs (which is most of my driving these days) was annoying. That and it would do about 22mpg at absolute best.

Now I have a 435d which can go from 0-62 in 4.8 seconds which is fun. And on the motorway it's like a lamb. Wonderfully comfortable.

When I've finished tearing the insides of my house out I may check to see if the finances allow a weekend vehicle. A Caterham, perhaps.

A Caterham, perhaps.
    They are fun. 0-60 in theme park times

no fun in the rain and you'll have to wear specs and dress up warm.

Council estate it out there...get yourself a 3-4 year old Scooby or Evo, r.

They are fun. 0-60 in theme park times

no fun in the rain and you'll have to wear specs and dress up warm.

Council estate it out there...get yourself a 3-4 year old Scooby or Evo, r.
    He would die in about 12 minutes in a Caterham. Mine still occasionally causes me the odd twitch of the sphincter in the wet.

I always hire a Mustang when in the US, great fun in a straight line, cornering, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He would die in about 12 minutes in a Caterham. Mine still occasionally causes me the odd twitch of the sphincter in the wet.
    My neighbour has a Lotus Elise (new one). How are they (apart from being a Lotus)?

Also has a Range Rover Velar which I have rather taken a fancy to.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I always hire a Mustang when in the US, great fun in a straight line, cornering, not so much
    Decent sized boot?