Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Has anyone else noticed that since Zinny was injured

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He's a midfielder. How anyone thinks he's a defender, is beyond me.
    He's like Flamini. He works at full-back so long as he never gets caught actually playing in the full-back position (which Flamini did not, of course). Well-covered on the inside by Senderos and ahead by Reyes; those balls in behind had to be perfect. And they never were, rarely are.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's like Flamini. He works at full-back so long as he never gets caught actually playing in the full-back position (which Flamini did not, of course). Well-covered on the inside by Senderos and ahead by Reyes; those balls in behind had to be perfect. And they never were, rarely are.
    Flamini, despite not liking the FB position, was better at it than Zinny is imo.

I don't remember the opposition targetting MF like they do OZ
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Flamini, despite not liking the FB position, was better at it than Zinny is imo.

We made the CL final with a back four of Eboue Toure Senderos and Flamini

Funny ole game

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Funny ole game
    one of the 109 games Almunia should never have played in...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Funny ole game
    And they didn't concede a goal in the knock-outs.

They all tried but, as I say, it just didn't work. We were ready for it. Spurs, I think, finally had some joy late on in the experiment.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."