Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So when the campaign for the second referendum is afoot do you suppose the likes of

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I am extremely disgruntled with our elected representatives.

You have no idea what I am capable of when riled. I might, for example, píss myself.
    I received this today. I am going to give Mr Prisk an extremely hard time.

‘I am writing to inform you, ahead of our Annual General Meeting (AGM) next Thursday evening, that the following motion, having been validly proposed and seconded by members of the Association, will be discussed and voted on at the meeting.

'The Hertford and Stortford Conservative Association supports the commitments the Prime Minister has made to the country to honour the European Union referendum result of 2016, that having triggered Article 50 we will leave the European Union on the 29 March 2019.

Another referendum, a delay beyond the European elections, taking ‘no deal’ off the table or not leaving at all would betray the 2016 People’s Vote and damage democracy and our party for a generation.'

This is the first time in recent memory that the Association membership has had an opportunity to directly make its views clear to the party leadership on an issue. A number of Conservative constituency associations around the country have passed near-identical motions to this one this AGM season.

If you would like to participate in the discussion of and voting on the motion, please attend the Association's AGM next Thursday (21st March 2019) evening. The meeting will start at 7.30 PM, and be held at the Harlow Enterprise Hub, Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, CM20 2NQ. Free parking is available at the venue. Please let me know ASAP via christchurch.curtis@gmail.com if you require assistance with transport to the meeting, so that arrangements can be made in advance of it.

The motion will be discussed under the previously advertised item, 'Any Other Business'. After the conclusion of the meeting, our local member of parliament, Mark Prisk MP will be addressing and taking questions from members. Free refreshments will be available to all attendees.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the motion or any other matter to do with the AGM.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Alex

Alexander Curtis
    Chairman, Hertford and Stortford Conservative Association

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I received this today. I am going to give Mr Prisk an extremely hard time.

‘I am writing to inform you, ahead of our Annual General Meeting (AGM) next Thursday evening, that the following motion, having been validly proposed and seconded by members of the Association, will be discussed and voted on at the meeting.

'The Hertford and Stortford Conservative Association supports the commitments the Prime Minister has made to the country to honour the European Union referendum result of 2016, that having triggered Article 50 we will leave the European Union on the 29 March 2019.

Another referendum, a delay beyond the European elections, taking ‘no deal’ off the table or not leaving at all would betray the 2016 People’s Vote and damage democracy and our party for a generation.'

This is the first time in recent memory that the Association membership has had an opportunity to directly make its views clear to the party leadership on an issue. A number of Conservative constituency associations around the country have passed near-identical motions to this one this AGM season.

If you would like to participate in the discussion of and voting on the motion, please attend the Association's AGM next Thursday (21st March 2019) evening. The meeting will start at 7.30 PM, and be held at the Harlow Enterprise Hub, Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, CM20 2NQ. Free parking is available at the venue. Please let me know ASAP via christchurch.curtis@gmail.com if you require assistance with transport to the meeting, so that arrangements can be made in advance of it.

The motion will be discussed under the previously advertised item, 'Any Other Business'. After the conclusion of the meeting, our local member of parliament, Mark Prisk MP will be addressing and taking questions from members. Free refreshments will be available to all attendees.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the motion or any other matter to do with the AGM.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Alex

Alexander Curtis
    Chairman, Hertford and Stortford Conservative Association
    You're not considering *gulp* attending this event, are you?

I am. There are free refreshments. I assume that means a rake of pints.

*Free strong drink*

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

It will mean píss-weak tea with plenty of milk and a Rich Tea biscuit.

It will mean píss-weak tea with plenty of milk and a Rich Tea biscuit.
    I shall take a hip flask.

Mind you, the chairman appears to be about 12

https://www.hertfordandstortfordcons...exander-curtis

I shall take a hip flask.

Mind you, the chairman appears to be about 12

https://www.hertfordandstortfordcons...exander-curtis
    Eyes of a psychopath, imo. But then anyone who's a Tory at that age has no heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    ..... or the unelected thunderkunts in Brussels......

"Unelected" with elections around the corner
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

But hang on.. It’s in f*cking Harlow !

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    But hang on.. It’s in f*cking Harlow !
    Yes. This hadn't escaped my attention. Generally speaking it's very nice where I live. Harlow is like a retarded, deformed freak that the rest of the area keeps in an attic, feeds on fishheads and doesn't like to talk about.