Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking of snobby spastic, I'm going for lunch tomorrow with several friends and

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    family members to celebrate the birthday of the glw. We are going to a rather nice seafood restaurant in Brighton.

A visit to a seafood restaurant means certain things to me. It means foaming tankards of black velvet, half a dozen natives and then lobsters or Dover Soles. It does not mean fillets of sea bass or pan-fried cod or any other standard fish dish I could cook for myself any day of the week. However, if I order what I would like, when it comes to splitting the bill, the majority of those present will shít themselves.

What should I do, Awimb? Compromise my beliefs and eat ordinary people's food? That would be dishonest. Insist on paying for everyone? That would be humiliating for the other gentlemen present. Just get on with it in a cheery spirit of 'fúck you'?

Convince them that they should partake of the lobster/Dover soles?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Convince them that they should partake of the lobster/Dover soles?
    Most of them are too common to appreciate such fare. It would be a waste of God's good provisions.

Hmm. Imbibing excessively prior to meeting for lunch is potentially problematic, sw. There is a danger that one may become bemused, muddled or confused, and the possibility exists that one might behave less than impeccably - even, God help us, rudely.

An English gentleman never runs the risk of being rude, sw. You understand that, of co.....

Oh. Sorry. As you were. Back to your shamrock carving or spud picking. There's nothing to see here.
    I only said 3-5 pints homo.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I only said 3-5 pints homo.
    One can't be too careful.

Anyway, I reckon my bloodstream is generally running at about 12% before I start, these days

family members to celebrate the birthday of the glw. We are going to a rather nice seafood restaurant in Brighton.

A visit to a seafood restaurant means certain things to me. It means foaming tankards of black velvet, half a dozen natives and then lobsters or Dover Soles. It does not mean fillets of sea bass or pan-fried cod or any other standard fish dish I could cook for myself any day of the week. However, if I order what I would like, when it comes to splitting the bill, the majority of those present will shít themselves.

What should I do, Awimb? Compromise my beliefs and eat ordinary people's food? That would be dishonest. Insist on paying for everyone? That would be humiliating for the other gentlemen present. Just get on with it in a cheery spirit of 'fúck you'?
    You know damn well you're going to do the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You know damn well you're going to do the latter.
    The '**** you' option? Well, if you say so. I confess, it doesn't really sound much like me.

Um, weren't you just up north celebrating her birthday in LRk amongst other places?

I would have thought at V's age once was enough.

The '**** you' option? Well, if you say so. I confess, it doesn't really sound much like me.
    No, sorry, I meant you're going to order what you want and then pay for the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, sorry, I meant you're going to order what you want and then pay for the lot.
    I must try to be strong. I'll never get to retire to my northern mansion if I give the fúcking stuff away.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Um, weren't you just up north celebrating her birthday in LRk amongst other places?

I would have thought at V's age once was enough.
    This is the third of four events