Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All amusingly quiet at the other end of the 7 Sisters Road

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The Toilet Bowl - do they have to wait for the builders to put the lid on? How could they possibly not notice the shape of that roof.

They seem intent on replacing Moussa Dembele with Jack Grealish which is odd. I guess once Utd cave in and sign Alderweireld they'll probably spend some cash
    Oddly enough I was quite taken with the lad Grealish in some end of season fixture, looked head and shoulders above the rest.

Dembele and Alderweireld would be big losses all the same, both seriously good footballers in the PL.

Would not be laughing too much anyway, 1-2 clubs hardly out of the blocks yet in terms of summer dealing and can change very quickly. Our need (in terms of top 6) was clearly the greatest so we have done what we had to.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I was reading just the other day they were in from September, first matches after an international break.
    Rumour is, it won't be ready for the NFL game that's supposed to be taking place there in mid-October

Oddly enough I was quite taken with the lad Grealish in some end of season fixture, looked head and shoulders above the rest.

Dembele and Alderweireld would be big losses all the same, both seriously good footballers in the PL.

Would not be laughing too much anyway, 1-2 clubs hardly out of the blocks yet in terms of summer dealing and can change very quickly. Our need (in terms of top 6) was clearly the greatest so we have done what we had to.
    Not got long left to get stuff finalised though

Boro play-off games I would imagine - and yes he did look good. Champions League good, it's harder to make a case for. Dembele has gone from the player that makes them tick to surplus to requirements very quickly which I just think is strange. Probably a story in there somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not got long left to get stuff finalised though
    Yep - presumably closes before Man United Leicester game on the Friday, two weeks today

The Toilet Bowl - do they have to wait for the builders to put the lid on? How could they possibly not notice the shape of that roof.

They seem intent on replacing Moussa Dembele with Jack Grealish which is odd. I guess once Utd cave in and sign Alderweireld they'll probably spend some cash
    Isn't Maguire off to Utd?

Which winger do you think we'll sign? I think that we have a good chance of Dembele considering they signed Malcom.

Yep - presumably closes before Man United Leicester game on the Friday, two weeks today
    9th August, I believe. Which is odd, as nowhere else in Europe is adopting this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Isn't Maguire off to Utd?

Which winger do you think we'll sign? I think that we have a good chance of Dembele considering they signed Malcom.
    I don't think we'll sign anyone. Might wait til January for a cheeky Dembele bid if he isn't getting a game. Doubt they will sell him now

9th August, I believe. Which is odd, as nowhere else in Europe is adopting this approach.
    I like it - we've got out business done but can still sell players til the end of the month. Ospina has to be looking to go

Rumour is, it won't be ready for the NFL game that's supposed to be taking place there in mid-October
    They have to play 2 fixtures there to tick H&S rulings and the second of those has been announced for 01/09.