Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cracking day at Lord's on Saturday.

Cracking day at Lord's on Saturday.

I must admit that when I realised I was going to have to watch Smith bat, my heart sank. However, well done to Jofra Archer by making the day much more enjoyable by skulling the fúcker good and proper.

I must admit there was a brief guilty moment as the sickening thud of leather on convict echoed around the ground where the cheer died on one's lips and one realised the bástard might ruin everyone's fun by actually dying. Thankfully, however, he had the good taste simply to be concussed and one could go home and watch the incident repeatedly with a clear conscience.

Now if Jofra could just hit Warner as well. Mind you, he'd have to hang around long enough to allow him to get up to top speed for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I must admit that when I realised I was going to have to watch Smith bat, my heart sank. However, well done to Jofra Archer by making the day much more enjoyable by skulling the fúcker good and proper.

I must admit there was a brief guilty moment as the sickening thud of leather on convict echoed around the ground where the cheer died on one's lips and one realised the bástard might ruin everyone's fun by actually dying. Thankfully, however, he had the good taste simply to be concussed and one could go home and watch the incident repeatedly with a clear conscience.

Now if Jofra could just hit Warner as well. Mind you, he'd have to hang around long enough to allow him to get up to top speed for that to happen.
    You chose to attend a cricket match in London rather than come see The Arsenal?

:forshame:

You missed Cellabos looking like a 21 year old Cesc Fabregas and Pepe gloriously nutmegging Mee
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Very much looking forward to my Friday and Saturday at Old Trafford......probably piss it down though

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    You chose to attend a cricket match in London rather than come see The Arsenal?

:forshame:

You missed Cellabos looking like a 21 year old Cesc Fabregas and Pepe gloriously nutmegging Mee

It was a fine experience, to be sure. I don't recall an atmosphere like that for an early kickoff. Cracking stuff, Gromit!

I’m quite enjoying the whining from down under

Shouldn’t have bowled bouncer after bouncer at Woakes and Archer then. Stupid ****ers. (tbf the Aussie players aren’t complaining)

I must confess to being slightly bored by the endless chin-music by the end of yesterday. I mean, letting them know you're there and putting it in the mixer is all very well but when your prime strategy is to kick as many of the opponents off the park as possible it eventually ... lacks elegance, I felt.

I enjoyed watching Leach more tbh.

Blimey! - Berni actually happy with something albeit someone had to be seriously

injured but it's a start.

What was highly amusing was the whole TMS team expressing their most earnest concerns and repeating like a mantra that "none of us wants to see someone getting hurt" blaah blah

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Very much looking forward to my Friday and Saturday at Old Trafford......probably piss it down though
    At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, fúck me, but Archer's lethal. I've never seen anything like it.

In the paper today, they point out that he's already hit 19 batsmen this summer. Not bad for a bloke who made his international debut in May.

You can see why he keeps doing it, though. There's just no discernible difference between his action at 86mph and 96mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

It was a fine experience, to be sure. I don't recall an atmosphere like that for an early kickoff. Cracking stuff, Gromit!
    twas.

the only fly in the ointment was, just as night follows day, the tides change, and taxes, Ashley fúcking Barnes scored.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    injured but it's a start.

What was highly amusing was the whole TMS team expressing their most earnest concerns and repeating like a mantra that "none of us wants to see someone getting hurt" blaah blah
    To be honest, I'd have been happier if the earlier one had broken his arm, since that would've put him out of the series. But I can't deny the blow to the head was more aesthetically satisfying.

I can't be doing with all this po-faced sanctimony. Exactly what's exciting about watching a guy that fast is the same thing that makes him dangerous - the fact that he's scary and dangerous. For people to talk about how 'exciting' he is and then start wringing their hands when the cause of that 'excitement' has its inevitable consequences is ridicules.