Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Blimey, we could end up with Marseille, Hoffenheim and AEK.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Decent read that.
    Terrific. I remember the days when this forum was all about sharing
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Terrific. I remember the days when this forum was all about sharing
    Only because I like you R.

https://arseblog.com/2017/08/bizarre-love-triangle/

Cheers :-)

A whole article about midfielders

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

A whole article about midfielders
    I know, marvellous wasn’t it.

We all know the real players in a football team are the midfielders – the pivots, the regista, CDM, RWM etc.

I know, marvellous wasn’t it.

We all know the real players in a football team are the midfielders – the pivots, the regista, CDM, RWM etc.
    Yes, you do see where this sort of thinking has got us, don't you. We let Thierry Henry go for this

#Wenger&WilliamsOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Maybe. Look, I'd rather agree with you tbh than that preening, arrogant septic up there who thinks a physics degree qualifies him to be an expert on football. Fact is none of us or the club or the players have any experience in this tournament. It is literally a step into the unknown. Especially Belarus.

Oh, and btw WES, Aaron Ramsey plays further up front in the second half under instructions from Le Boss, not under his own steam.
    I'll ignore your gratuitous abuse and point out that I am fully aware that Ramsey is a problem in no small part because of Wenger.

And Jese scored in the 47th minute, in case you didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I'll ignore your gratuitous abuse and point out that I am fully aware that Ramsey is a problem in no small part because of Wenger.

And Jese scored in the 47th minute, in case you didn't know.
    I think, and I must be clear that I am not stating this on behalf of A, that is the point he was making.

Jese scored very early in the second half, and the belief is that the instruction from AW to AR is that he is licensed to bomb forward in the second half, less so the first 45.

“As Berahino bore down on the Arsenal defence, the Stoke man exposed the fact that, even when in half way acceptable defensive starting positions, Granit Xhaka and Mesut Özil are not the guys you want steeple chasing their way back towards their own goal. Ramsey is variously accused of stupidity and selfishness with his forward runs, but that rather ignores the undercurrent of instruction at play.

Over the last year or so, Ramsey has tailored his outlook according to the clock. In the first half of matches, he is very restrained and pretty much holds his position, before breaking loose in the second half. His first goal of last season came a minute after half time, in an FA Cup tie at Preston North End. After lashing the ball into the net from the edge of the area, he turns and points to Arsene Wenger on the bench.

You don’t have to be Inspector Clouseau to work out that a conversation took place during the interval in which the Welshman was expressly told to push on. Look at the time stamps of his Arsenal goals since that evening- 75, 90, 79, 83. Ramsey plays conservatively in the first half and then more adventurously in the second and that doesn’t happen by accident, it’s by design.”

I think, and I must be clear that I am not stating this on behalf of A, that is the point he was making.

Jese scored very early in the second half, and the belief is that the instruction from AW to AR is that he is licensed to bomb forward in the second half, less so the first 45.

“As Berahino bore down on the Arsenal defence, the Stoke man exposed the fact that, even when in half way acceptable defensive starting positions, Granit Xhaka and Mesut Özil are not the guys you want steeple chasing their way back towards their own goal. Ramsey is variously accused of stupidity and selfishness with his forward runs, but that rather ignores the undercurrent of instruction at play.

Over the last year or so, Ramsey has tailored his outlook according to the clock. In the first half of matches, he is very restrained and pretty much holds his position, before breaking loose in the second half. His first goal of last season came a minute after half time, in an FA Cup tie at Preston North End. After lashing the ball into the net from the edge of the area, he turns and points to Arsene Wenger on the bench.

You don’t have to be Inspector Clouseau to work out that a conversation took place during the interval in which the Welshman was expressly told to push on. Look at the time stamps of his Arsenal goals since that evening- 75, 90, 79, 83. Ramsey plays conservatively in the first half and then more adventurously in the second and that doesn’t happen by accident, it’s by design.”
    So the theory is that after we completely dominated the first half and created more than enough chances to win the game, Wenger went into the dressing room at half time and didn't say 'we're in control lads, keep it up and be patient, the goal will come' but instead said 'Aaron get forward even more than you did in that first half that we just completely dominated and do it immediately, no hanging about as we only have 45 minutes left to play so it's getting urgent'?

Never thought I'd say this but I don't think you're showing the SFC enough respect.

Coincidence, imo. Anyway, it would make far more sense the other way around. Any side in England getting us to half-time without conceding would fancy its chances of the win. I don't say that they are all capable of it, just that they would all fancy it.

Coincidence, imo. Anyway, it would make far more sense the other way around. Any side in England getting us to half-time without conceding would fancy its chances of the win. I don't say that they are all capable of it, just that they would all fancy it.
    I'm also loving the logic that uses goals in the 75, 90, 79 and 83rd minutes as proof that Ramsey is instructed at halftime to push forward more often.

The muppet that wrote that wants to look up the term 'logical leap' or perhaps to begin with 'deductive logic'.