Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Ox for 35mil, Sanchez for 60mil, Mustafi for 30mil, Perez for 10mil

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That's fair enough, but it doesn't invalidate the critique, which just focuses on one player's contract situation, and there are many others. If a highly paid and powerful executive at any other company presided over such a scenario, he would surely recieve some flak.

I personally have no wish to get angry about football. It ain't worf it. Especially when there are more important things to worry about, like a new leak in the flat. I did get a little bit stressed watching the Liverpool match though, It wasn't pretty.
    Thoughts and prayers to you and Mrs A, especially after the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    While you may be angry with these people I am not sure why you are being so feisty with other calm and deep thinkers.

Your stoic loyalty to Wenger has been noted and I respect you for that*.

*I don't
    Your usual perspicacity is lacking on this occasion, sw. I am not in the least feisty, simply trying to inject a little reason into the hysterical little girl knickerwetting which seems suddenly to have become de rigueur.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Thoughts and prayers to you and Mrs A, especially after the last one.

Thanks. It shouldn't be as bad as the last one but ironically it's looking like the insurer's builder who incorrectly fitted the new bath (source of the previous leak) that has caused the new problem. Really hoping we don't have to dig up the floors again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Your usual perspicacity is lacking on this occasion, sw. I am not in the least feisty, simply trying to inject a little reason into the hysterical little girl knickerwetting which seems suddenly to have become de rigueur.
    Noted.

However, and I say this as a relatively new quinquagenarian and one who normally can brush over football as being just the game it is - having seen the game on sunday and watching other issues unfold at the club we all support a small amount of "little girl knickerwetting" is almost understandable though obviously not cool.

This £180 grand is a figure plucked from someone's imagination. You have absolutely no idea if it is anywhere near true.

You have absolutely no idea what he will want from liverpool or Chelsea.

You have absolutely no idea what Liverpool would pay him.

You've just put a load of random imaginings together and used them as a stick with which to beat the club

Other than this, your argument is cogent, reasoned and entirely factual.
    You kind of skipped over the use of the word allegedly didnt you. Well done, you.

I actually hoped we had deliberately offered him loads to **** up a chance of him going to Liverpool as part of some spiteful, childish revenge for their stupid comment over the whole suarez offer. I had hoped we had served a stone cold dish of revenge.

I doubt it. That would require planning

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I read that he's just turned down £220k pw from Chelsea. To be fair to the boy, playing in that position is more important to him than the dosh.
    I want to dislike him but if that is true it is hard to criticise. I hope his desire to plays in midfield is more successful than THeo's desire to play up front....

Criticism may well be merited, I agree. As I say, i object merely to the intermperate language and hysteria.
    Yes, but that is because you are a ****ing ****

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Honestly, I do struggle to understand why he wanted to stay on. He must know there's no prospect of us winning the league in the immediate future and that he's just going to get more and more abuse. Why is he still there?
    Because he's phenomenally arrogant and stubborn. Which is why he's failed.

Do you not sonetimes suspect, though, that the club's interests might - just might - be better served by a change? Two more years of this can only hurt the club's reputation. We've always applied certain principles to players about this being The Arsenal and us having a certain reputation and image to maintain. If a manager's continued presence is threatening to tarnish those things (whether it's his fault or not) should we not apply the same principle?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you not sonetimes suspect, though, that the club's interests might - just might - be better served by a change? Two more years of this can only hurt the club's reputation. We've always applied certain principles to players about this being The Arsenal and us having a certain reputation and image to maintain. If a manager's continued presence is threatening to tarnish those things (whether it's his fault or not) should we not apply the same principle?
    Yes, indeed. I thought last season was the time for him to go; his relationship with the fanbase seems to me to be irredeemably fractured, and all sides would have benefitted from a dignified parting of the ways in May.

Check my gusset. Dry as a bone.