Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eating alone - when I was young I thought it was horribly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The day Porto beat Celtic in the UEFA cup final I was in a hotel in Dusseldorf, siytuated on a trading estate. I went to the lobby and bought my dinner from a vending machine. Crisps, peanuts, Snickers bars and Haribos
    not that strange to some of the meals I eat recently.

The other day I ate a tin of stewed steak
    out of the tin

cold

The day Porto beat Celtic in the UEFA cup final I was in a hotel in Dusseldorf, siytuated on a trading estate. I went to the lobby and bought my dinner from a vending machine. Crisps, peanuts, Snickers bars and Haribos
    I think I know that place. Near the Daimler/Benz factory?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    not that strange to some of the meals I eat recently.

The other day I ate a tin of stewed steak
    out of the tin

cold
    Are you a dog, P?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Are you a dog, P?
    Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Sometimes.
    Fair enough. It's not a bad life apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I think I know that place. Near the Daimler/Benz factory?
    I'm not sure. All I recall is weeping with self-pity at the pathetic nature of my existence.

I suppose I could have popped into the locall FKK for some company.

I'm not sure. All I recall is weeping with self-pity at the pathetic nature of my existence.

I suppose I could have popped into the locall FKK for some company.
    Did this hotel not serve food of any sort in the bar?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Did this hotel not serve food of any sort in the bar?
    I just couldn't face the thought of the table for one again. You know, the nice table, by the bogs, which comes complete with pitying glances from waiters

I just couldn't face the thought of the table for one again. You know, the nice table, by the bogs, which comes complete with pitying glances from waiters
    You sound like a gay. Are you a gay?

You don’t know these people, these German waiting staff. What care you if they look awkwardly in your direction and think of you are a sad, lonely Dutch with dyed hair.

Fúck them. Just click your fingers and summon another 2 beers. Nuts even.

You should have gone Sir C. Somebody you know would have turned up and joined you. I am lead to believe this happens all the time in Tv shows such as Dallas or Dynasty.