Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
I think Eleney is a much better choice at the back. He's looked solid there before although played on the right of a back 3.

An injury to Lacca is the big worry. He's essential to how we play. If he gets a big injury i'd see us struggling to get into the revamped intertoto cup nevermind the CL.

I just don't understand why we didn't just bring in a stop gap target man who could cover coming on for the last 10 or 20 mins. Lacca is knackered every game he plays and is subbed off. We're gonna be fecked. I would have even taken the big 6'6 donkey fella Burnley signed for 12m who averaged a one in two goal ratio in **** leagues. That has to be better than nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wout_Weghorst

Even if he was a complete flop you sale him on and you haven't lost much. It's worth it to go for the extra CL big money. Areteta/Edu certainly aren't gamblers anyway. As a betting man you'd probably know the rough odds better than me. Going into the window i would have said we were at least evens to make the CL as well as being in the cups. After this shambles I'd say we're about 3/1 now at best to make the CL.
I'm wild guessing that you are going to see Pepe come on for Laca ... hey, he can't be worse than Yaya Sanogo. Arteta has a dark sin bin where people are buried with no ray of light ... then he resurrects them. Shirley he's seen him in AFCON and can figure out how to build on that. Subbing for Laca would completely change up how we attack. It just might work! or not.....