Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Jean-Claude Juncker has said that he wants the expansion of Schengen, the euro to

So Jean-Claude Juncker has said that he wants the expansion of Schengen, the euro to

be compulsory, an end to vetoes and an EU army.

So in other words, an EU that it would be utterly impossible for the U.K. ever to rejoin even in the highly unlikely event that we wanted to?

Decent of him to settle things for us like that. Maybe we can all stop bickering about it now and move on?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

So in other words, an EU that it would be utterly impossible for the U.K. ever to rejoin even in the highly unlikely event that we wanted to?

Decent of him to settle things for us like that. Maybe we can all stop bickering about it now and move on?
    The Schengen-thing is inevitable, I think, likewise the euro; rather like opening the stable door after the horse has already bolted in, you might say. And I'm not sure Europe can actually afford an army, politically or otherwise. Unless that "army" is ISIS, I suppose.

He's just showing his desperation.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    And I'm not sure Europe can actually afford an army, politically or otherwise. Unless that "army" is ISIS, I suppose.
    lol

Well, the EU is a bit like the political wing of NATO, and ISIS is/was effectively a NATO proxy in Syria, but is now magically melting away to let the SDF get to the Deir-Azzor oil fields before the SAA - are ISIS just being handed new uniforms?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The Schengen-thing is inevitable, I think, likewise the euro; rather like opening the stable door after the horse has already bolted in, you might say. And I'm not sure Europe can actually afford an army, politically or otherwise. Unless that "army" is ISIS, I suppose.

He's just showing his desperation.
    In a sense, I don't blame the EU lot. They're just doing what they've always said they wanted to do: destroy the nation state and replace it with a vast, centralised superstate run by a largely unelected bureaucracy - this neatly taking those pesky citizens and their feelings out of the equation. The people who irritate me are the UK-based EU advocates who have spent years denying that this is the case.

The people who irritate me are the UK-based EU advocates who have spent years denying that this is the case.
    Well, quite naturally, this sort feels exactly the same way; that their fathers and grandfathers, and possibly even their great-grandfathers too, let them down, basically sold them off into wage-slavery. Or, at the very least, simply weren't interested in them.

And who's to say they don't have a point.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    lol

well, the eu is a bit like the political wing of nato, and isis is/was effectively a nato proxy in syria, but is now magically melting away to let the sdf get to the deir-azzor oil fields before the saa - are isis just being handed new uniforms?
    egkb 131059z 1312/1321 25017kt 9999 sct035 tempo 1312/1317 26020g33kt prob30 tempo 1312/1320 8000 shra becmg 1317/1320 24007kt

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    egkb 131059z 1312/1321 25017kt 9999 sct035 tempo 1312/1317 26020g33kt prob30 tempo 1312/1320 8000 shra becmg 1317/1320 24007kt
    Hopefully that means that the wind has dropped on the M4 by now, as Ms A is driving home from Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    lol

Well, the EU is a bit like the political wing of NATO
    Not a bit of it! That's like calling your spoiled, lazy, petulant, ungrateful, entitled, greedy, loudmouthed, selfish, arrogant children the "political wing" of your household.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Hopefully that means that the wind has dropped on the M4 by now, as Ms A is driving home from Wales.
    18 kts at Cardiff, 22 at Heathrow, so it's dropped a lot. Might get gusty in showers, of course.

You do realize that this is the intellectual equivalent of the Remainers making the assumption that all the most dire consequences of Brexit will be realized and then using that assumption as a basis for criticizing it?

Why lower yourself to their level?