Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: :clap: The Boy Owen got there first.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Rather surprising that we don't have a lot more of these attacks then, isn't it? What with there being 2.6 million people in this country who, in your view, practice a religion which encourages it.

The Islamic nutters take a very narrow, superficial view of Islam and what it means and, ironically, you seem to be doing the same thing.
    You're denying that there are endless verses in the Quran and its associated texts that explictely call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule?

Thankfully, the overwhelming majority of Muslims choose to uphold a sanitised, distorted version of Islam - otherwise we'd be in even bigger trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You're denying that there are endless verses in the Quran and its associated texts that explictely call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule?

Thankfully, the overwhelming majority of Muslims choose to uphold a sanitised, distorted version of Islam - otherwise we'd be in even bigger trouble.
    No, I'm saying that like any religion Islam has a holy book that is filled with contradiction and vagaries which therefore requires its followers to decide, to some extent, what they wish to believe and what they do not, how to act and how not to act.

The nutters take one view, the overwhelming majority take another. Quite why you would deem the version that the overwhelming majority take to be the distorted version I have no idea.

Unless you're a vulture, of course.

Yet your previous message suggested that all muslims want to do this and any that don't are not proper muslims.

Going on to explain that the only true religion is found in the verbatim acceptance of original script is a very childish and rather idiotic attempt to disguise the fact that you wrote a deliberately inflammatory message- which is also rather childish.

Poor form....expect better.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yet your previous message suggested that all muslims want to do this and any that don't are not proper muslims.

Going on to explain that the only true religion is found in the verbatim acceptance of original script is a very childish and rather idiotic attempt to disguise the fact that you wrote a deliberately inflammatory message- which is also rather childish.

Poor form....expect better.
    I did not in any sense suggest that all muslims want to do this. I said that to do so is the most logical, rational course of action for a practicing, dutiful Muslim. This is because the book that they believe is the immutable word of God impels them to do so. To not do so is simply inconsistent with what they otherwise claim.

I did not in any sense suggest that all muslims want to do this. I said that to do so is the most logical, rational course of action for a practicing, dutiful Muslim. This is because the book that they believe is the immutable word of God impels them to do so. To not do so is simply inconsistent with what they otherwise claim.
    So all practicing, dutiful muslims want to do it, or certainly should want to? And any that don't are not dutiful muslims? Or just not being rational?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So all practicing, dutiful muslims want to do it, or certainly should want to? And any that don't are not dutiful muslims? Or just not being rational?
    Yes they should want to do it, if they believe the Quran contains the immutable word of Allah, which they almost universally claim it does.