Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I have now commenced being thrifty. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Once you've flown business you'll never go back, f. It's an expensive habit, sadly, but the difference (on a long haul flight) is absolute.

It changes a pain in the árse experience into a pleasure.
    way beyond my sort of money sadly.
    I won't scrimp on hotels though. a **** hotel can ruin a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Reading this thread just convinces me that if I ever have to fly long distance again I will probably be leaving the vehicle in handcuffs.

There is nothing at the end of a long flight that is worth taking a long flight for imo.
    The Ashes, a

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The Ashes, a
    That is something for which I'm really quite grateful to Sky, actually. Their coverage has removed any possible need for me ever to have to travel to Australia.

Once you've flown business you'll never go back, f. It's an expensive habit, sadly, but the difference (on a long haul flight) is absolute.

It changes a pain in the árse experience into a pleasure.
    If only economy was just a pain in the arse. Its actually a pain in the arse, neck, back, legs, feet, shoulders.....

Reading this thread just convinces me that if I ever have to fly long distance again I will probably be leaving the vehicle in handcuffs.

There is nothing at the end of a long flight that is worth taking a long flight for imo.
    And you criticised me for describing Enfield Town as a ****hole. You have just written off three quarters of the globe as not being worth getting on a plane

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If only economy was just a pain in the arse. Its actually a pain in the arse, neck, back, legs, feet, shoulders.....
    I also dislike blocks of 3 seats. nobody travels in a 3.
    You can't win seat wise. if you sit by the window going to the pisser is a pain. sit in the aisle someone will wake you up wanting to go to the toilet or will knock into you as they walk past.

I dislike people on planes who sort of dither around standing about. or dash to the bogs before landing.
    I often won't use the toilet at all.

The Wonders of the Orient? The plains of the Serengeti? Rainforest, coral reefs, the snow-capped Himalayas? The organutan, the jaguar, the ostrich? Snacking in a Bangkok night market, watching the Arsenal game in a bar in Kigali, dancing in a New Delhi nightclub? Watching the sun set over the Andaman sea? Afternoon tea at Raffles, a stengah at the E&O, dinner at the Forodhani Gardens?

If I couldn't travel my soul would turn to dust

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And you criticised me for describing Enfield Town as a ****hole. You have just written off three quarters of the globe as not being worth getting on a plane
    Aircraft. Aeroplane. Either works.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That is something for which I'm really quite grateful to Sky, actually. Their coverage has removed any possible need for me ever to have to travel to Australia.
    And now BT have it.

We're going to have Robbie Savage and Michael Owen on commentary. I say "We". I don't have BT but I'm now wondering why I still have Sky.

The Wonders of the Orient? The plains of the Serengeti? Rainforest, coral reefs, the snow-capped Himalayas? The organutan, the jaguar, the ostrich? Snacking in a Bangkok night market, watching the Arsenal game in a bar in Kigali, dancing in a New Delhi nightclub? Watching the sun set over the Andaman sea? Afternoon tea at Raffles, a stengah at the E&O, dinner at the Forodhani Gardens?

If I couldn't travel my soul would turn to dust
    Having an McDonalds on Kalakaua Avenue?
    or was it Kuhio avenue?