Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hang abouts! If we win our two games in hand on Liverpool we're back in the top four

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yeah, since we last won anything decent, there's about a dozen titles and a few European Cups in that little lot
    1. I may be just an old fart, but I class the FA Cup as significant.
    2. We are always **** mid-decade - 50s, 60s, 70s, 80, 90s - even 00s after 2004
    3. Guardiola won everything at Barca (Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Neymar etc.) and the League at Bayern - my dead gran could have won these
    4. Mourinho has been utter **** for quite a few years now. His last term at Chelsea and current one at United are utterly shameful given his experience and resources
    5. What has Klopp won? And what a **** up his brave new dawn at the Scouse dogs has become.
    6. Even Poche****to has admitted that a top four finish is the same as winning a trophy anywhere else in Europe.

I could go on, but I am boring myself. Suffice to say, we will miss him when he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I thought we were talking about football, though. There's nothing cruel or oppressive about football. It is a leisure activity.

This current appetite for wailing, gnashing hyperbole is reducing all discussion to, well, nonsense.
    I enjoyed Arsene's comments on the people protesting outside the training ground. Essentially 'I wish I could waste my day like that'. Imagine the mouth foaming from the protesters on reading that.

Also, Per donated money to the Mesut Ozil Missing Person Fund

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Who is wailing or hyperbolising? I'm well aware it's just football, but am equally aware that clinging to a vague hope of scraping into the top four at this stage of the season represents failure by the standards that Arsenal Football Club and Arsene Wenger have defined for themselves and thus is nowt for Monty to be getting a chubby about.
    Yes, but there's nothing tyrannical about it.

I'm referring to the fact that you appear to be crowing about the possibility of us - maybe, if everything goes to plan - scraping into the top four. That's not a good look.
    I am not crowing about that, though there is reason to crow.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, I think our expectations are to have a manager who will leverage the financial power of the club, and any other means at his disposal, in order to try and win trophies.

The view of many, for very good reasons imo, is that Arsene Wenger is no longer such a manager.
    But we don't know about the club's financial model.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Very good. And Squadron certainly enjoyed a Christmas Carroll last night. Anyway, he had him trussed and bound like a turkey.
    I expect Carroll's was a Bleak House last night. Hard Times, indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, but there's nothing tyrannical about it.
    The tyranny is what you might call your actual metaphor, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    1. I may be just an old fart, but I class the FA Cup as significant.
    2. We are always **** mid-decade - 50s, 60s, 70s, 80, 90s - even 00s after 2004
    3. Guardiola won everything at Barca (Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Neymar etc.) and the League at Bayern - my dead gran could have won these
    4. Mourinho has been utter **** for quite a few years now. His last term at Chelsea and current one at United are utterly shameful given his experience and resources
    5. What has Klopp won? And what a **** up his brave new dawn at the Scouse dogs has become.
    6. Even Poche****to has admitted that a top four finish is the same as winning a trophy anywhere else in Europe.

I could go on, but I am boring myself. Suffice to say, we will miss him when he is gone.

Seen. It's only within the context of this ongoing discussion that the Cup doesn't count.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The tyranny is what you might call your actual metaphor, though.
    I appreciate that, of course.

Perhaps I should tweet about it, or, as we now know it, 'unleash a twitterstorm'.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I am not crowing about that, though there is reason to crow.
    Why is there reason to crow? And please don't say because we may not be quite as bad as some have made out.